Click here for PDF
January 30, 2019 – Locke Lord’s Executive Committee has re-elected David Taylor (Houston) as Chair of the Firm and Jennifer Kenedy (Chicago), Bill Swanstrom (Houston) and Thomas Yoxall (Dallas) as Vice Chairs of its Executive Committee. The Executive Committee also has named Victoria de Lisle (New Orleans) as the new Co-Chair of the Firm’s Board of Directors. De Lisle — who serves as a member of Locke Lord’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee and has a diverse practice that includes financing, project development and distressed assets — joins Art Anthony (Dallas), who has served as Co-Chair of the Board for the past three years.
In addition, Locke Lord’s Partners have elected four new members to the Firm’s Executive Committee and five new members to its Board of Directors.
The new members of the Firm’s Executive Committee are David Grant (London), Paul Mahoney (Providence), Mitch Tiras (Houston) and Steve Whitmer (Chicago). Also remaining on Locke Lord’s Executive Committee with Taylor, Kenedy, Swanstrom and Yoxall are Michelle Earley (Austin), Michael Gaertner (Chicago), Alan Levin (Hartford), Janis Loegering (Dallas), Richard A. Manley Jr. (Boston), Paul Nason (Dallas) and George Ticknor (Boston).
Locke Lord’s Board of Directors helps direct the Firm’s vision and strategy and collaborates on other Firm-wide initiatives. The Board reports to Taylor and the Executive Committee. The new members of the Firm’s Board of Directors are Elizabeth Campbell (Atlanta), Douglas Gray (Providence), Ben Henry (London), Ashlee Knuckey (Chicago) and Heather Stone (Boston). Remaining on the Board with Anthony and de Lisle are Cynthia Bast (Austin), Derrick Carson (Houston), Greg Casamento (New York), Al Clark (Los Angeles), Laura Edrington (Houston), Joe Froehlich (New York), Miki Goodin (Chicago), Denise Hanna (Washington, D.C.), John Igoe (West Palm Beach), Tom Knight (Washington, D.C.), Elizabeth Mack (Dallas), Stephanie Massey (Boston), Hanna Norvell (Houston), Allison O’Neil (Boston), Benjamin Sykes (Chicago), Kimberly Williams (Dallas) and Scott Wofsy (Stamford).
Newly elected members of Locke Lord’s Executive Committee:
- Grant, Chair of the Firm’s International Transactions Practice Group for Europe and Asia/Pacific Rim, focuses his practice on insolvency and restructuring, with an emphasis on contentious insolvency and recovery actions.
- Mahoney, a member of the Firm’s Private Equity & Venture Capital Practice Group, represents middle and lower middle market private equity funds and portfolio companies in their varied investment activities and strategic transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions.
- Tiras, Co-Chair of Locke Lord’s Tax Department and a member of the Firm’s Finance and Lateral Hire Committees, focuses his practice on structuring and capitalization of investment entities, with an emphasis on private equity funds and transactions.
- Whitmer, a member of Locke Lord’s Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group and the Firm’s Attorney Development Committee, handles a variety of complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters, with an emphasis on insurance, reinsurance and insurance insolvency.
Newly elected members of Locke Lord’s Board of Directors:
- Campbell, a member of Locke Lord’s Business Litigation and Consumer Finance Practice Groups and the Firm’s Diversity & Inclusion and Pro Bono Committees, focuses her practice on defending companies in a broad range of commercial litigation and class action matters, including state and federal consumer protection statutes, trade secret and restrictive covenant cases, life settlement lawsuits, and insurance and reinsurance disputes.
- Gray, Co-Chair of Locke Lord’s Life Sciences Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Firm's Pro Bono Committee, concentrates his practice in the areas of M&A transactions, venture investments, corporate governance, strategic alliances and commercial ventures.
- Henry, Head of Locke Lord’s international Data Centers team, is a commercial real estate lawyer whose focus is on investment, leasing and cross-border data center transactions.
- Knuckey, head of Locke Lord’s Food, Beverage & Cosmetics Industry Group and member of the Firm’s Marketing/Practice Development and Attorney Development Committees, focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and arbitration and regulatory counseling in the health care, insurance, and food and beverage industries.
- Stone, Co-Chair of the Firm's Investment Adviser and Alternative Funds Practice Group, represents alternative investment funds of all types, including private equity, venture capital and real estate, as well as investors such as pension funds and endowments.
About Locke Lord LLP
Locke Lord is a full-service law firm with global reach and 20 offices designed to meet clients’ needs around the world. The Firm has a history that spans more than 130 years and is a worldwide leader in the middle market sector. Locke Lord advises clients across a broad spectrum of industries including energy, financial services, fund formation, health care, insurance and reinsurance, private equity and venture capital, public finance, real estate, and technology, media and telecommunications, while providing a wealth of experience through its complex litigation, intellectual property, tax, regulatory and transactional teams.