Locke Lord is a premier full-service law firm that has earned a solid reputation for complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work on behalf of clients in important and growing industry sectors around the world.
Throughout our more than 130-year history, we’ve cultivated partnerships with a broad range of public and private companies, from Fortune 500 leaders to startups and emerging businesses. Our team can design strategic solutions that meet your long-term goals no matter how large or small your matter, applying our established tradition of responsive, personalized service.
At Locke Lord, our diverse and inclusive culture of collegiality and collaboration — core values of the Firm — across all of our offices and practices is ultimately reflected in our client experience by culminating in a deep understanding of our clients' businesses.
Corporate responsibility is also an important part of Locke Lord's mission as we reach out to the communities we serve in meaningful partnerships and pro bono work.
- Locke Lord consistently ranks among the top 100 law firms nationally in the annual AmLaw 100 (American Lawyer) list, currently listed at No. 76 in 2020.
- In 2020, BTI Consulting Group named Locke Lord as one of the law firms that top legal decision makers and Fortune 1000 clients said are best at developing and implementing alternative fee arrangements based on the Firm’s certainty, streamlined approach and value. BTI also named Locke Lord as a firm that is “winning in the COVID-19 world” by jumping in and committing as the pandemic redefined clients’ objectives, with inside counsel saying they would go to the mat to keep the Firm. The Firm was also included in BTI’s 2019 Honor Roll of Most Recommended Law Firms for providing an outstanding client experience.
- Chambers USA ranked 57 Locke Lord lawyers and 18 of the Firm's practice areas for excellence in its 2020 edition. Ten of the Firm's lawyers achieved Band 1 rankings in their respective practice areas, and the Firm's Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional) practice earned a national distinction.
- Chambers UK 2021 named two Locke Lord lawyers as leading practitioners in their respective practice areas and recognized Locke Lord’s UK Consumer Finance practice.
- Locke Lord achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification from Diversity Lab, recognizing the Firm for hitting targets designed to boost the representation of diverse lawyers considered for a variety of roles and opportunities within the Firm.
- Locke Lord achieved a 100 percent rating in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index for the fifth consecutive year, and Locke Lord predecessor firm Edwards Wildman earned a 100 percent rating for seven consecutive years from 2009-2015. A perfect score in this annual report evaluating policies and practices related to LGBTQ employees earns the Firm the distinction of being an employer of choice for LGBTQ employees.
- Thirteen Locke Lord practice areas were named among the top nationally in the 2021 Best Law Firms survey by U.S. News/Best Lawyers®. Locke Lord’s top practice areas earning a Tier 1 U.S. ranking are: Appellate Practice; Banking and Finance Law; Commercial Litigation; Corporate Law; Employment Law - Management; Energy Law; Insurance Law; Litigation - Intellectual Property; Litigation - Labor & Employment; Oil & Gas Law; Public Finance Law; Real Estate Law; and Tax Law.
- One hundred and forty-five Locke Lord lawyers from 16 U.S. offices were recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, and five of the Firm's lawyers based in Boston, Dallas and Providence were named Lawyers of the Year.
- Locke Lord’s London office was recognized by The Times on its Best Law Firms 2020 list in England and Wales, with a commendation for the Firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group.
- Locke Lord was recognized in the 2020 edition of the GRR 100, a survey published annually by Global Restructuring Review listing the top firms capable of handling cross-border restructurings and insolvencies as well as related matters such as banking and sovereign debt crises.
- Locke Lord is among the first law firms to earn the internationally recognized ISO/IEC 27701:2019 certification for its excellent Privacy Information Management System, reflecting the Firm’s strong emphasis on information security, privacy and protecting client data.
- The American Bar Association recognized Locke Lord as an ABA Free Legal Answers 2020 Pro Bono Leader for the Firm’s tremendous contribution to the program, which offers a free virtual legal advice clinic for low-income individuals.
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas recognized Locke Lord in both 2016 and 2018 as a Pro Bono Champion, which celebrates firms and volunteers that have devoted an extraordinary amount of financial support and time helping low-income clients access the justice system by providing legal advice and representation.
- Locke Lord’s Health Care Practice Group ranked prominently in Modern Healthcare Magazine’s 2020 list of the Largest Health Care Law Firms. The Firm was ranked the 30th-largest health care law firm in the country.
- The Firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance Group is consistently recognized in national and international publications, including being honored among Law360's 2019 Insurance Groups of the Year for the depth and breadth of the practice and its role in landmark deals and litigation. Locke Lord's Insurance and Reinsurance lawyers are also frequently included in The International Who's Who of Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers list of leading U.S. firms and have earned a string of accolades from Chambers USA: Client's Guide of America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America® and The Legal 500 United States.
- Locke Lord ranked No. 4 by deal count for Texas M&A in 2020, advising on 36 deals, and No. 5 by deal count for Texas M&A in 2019, advising on 44 deals – two of the Firm’s numerous top 10 rankings for Texas M&A in the past five years based on Mergermarket data.
- Locke Lord secured the fifth spot among the most active private equity law firms in the U.S. South in PitchBook’s 2019 rankings for Law Firms by Private Equity Deal Location, with 18 deals in the region.
- Locke Lord’s Public Finance Practice Group was ranked No. 4 in the nation for competitive sales in The Bond Buyer’s 2020 Top Bond Counsel rankings, with 153 issues totaling $3.21 billion, and No. 8 in the nation on the Top Underwriter's Counsel list, with 104 issues totaling $10.38 billion. In The Bond Buyer’s 2020 Northeast Yearend Review, the Firm’s numerous bond counsel rankings include: No. 1 in R.I., No. 2 in Mass. and N.H., No. 5 in Maine and No. 8 in the region.
- Locke Lord Atlanta and New York Partners were identified among the top patent professionals around the globe in the 2017-2019 editions of Intellectual Asset Management Patent 1000.
- Locke Lord has been ranked No. 35 for debt deals among real estate law firms in New York City by The Real Deal, with two deals totaling $156 million between Sept. 1, 2019, and Sept. 30, 2020.
- Locke Lord has once again been named the No. 1 Texas law firm lobby practice for 2021 by Capitol Inside’s biennial Texas Lobby Power Rankings, a position the Firm has held since 2004. In addition, Partner Robert Miller, Co-Chair of the Firm’s Public Law and Policy Practice Group, is ranked among the top three lobbyists in the state. According to the publication, there is “a case for Miller as the most successful lobbyist in the Lone Star State.”