Printer Friendly Version
Lindsey Kress is an Associate in the San Francisco office of Locke Lord LLP where she concentrates her practice on defending consumer litigation. She has experience with consumer fraud and unfair business practices claims, contract disputes, business negotiations, mortgage servicing, mitigation strategy, and repurchase litigation as well as issues relating to California’s Unfair Competition Law (UCL), the California Homeowners’ Bill of Rights (HBOR), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), False Claims Act (FCA), Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (RFDCPA or Rosenthal Act), Truth in Lending Act (TILA) , and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Lindsey regularly represents clients in state and federal courts throughout California, at both the trial court and appellate court level. Lindsey also has second chair trial experience.
- Second chair representation of mortgage servicer and investor at a bench trial involving claims of violation of California Homeowners’ Bill of Rights and California’s Unfair Competition Law, securing verdict in favor of clients.
- Representation of loan servicer and investor in wrongful foreclosure case, obtaining summary judgment dismissal on all claims.
- Representation of loan servicer and investor in a breach of contract case, obtaining summary judgment dismissal on all claims.
- Representation of lender in a case involving negligence and quiet title claims, obtaining summary judgment dismissal on all claims.
- Representation of investor before the Ninth Circuit following dismissal of case involving allegations of wrongful foreclosure and fraud, resulting in an affirming judgment in favor of client.
- Representation of loan servicer before the California Court of Appeal in wrongful foreclosure case, resulting in an affirming judgment in favor of client.
- Representation of lender in a case involving allegations of disparate impact racial discrimination, obtaining dismissal in favor of client on a motion to dismiss.
- Representation of clients in lawsuits alleging that defendants placed calls to the plaintiffs’ cell phones using an auto-dialer without obtaining consent, in violation of the TCPA.
- Staff Counsel, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, American Mortgage Law Group
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.