Printer Friendly Version
Sue Kiernan is a senior counsel in the Providence office of Locke Lord LLP where she concentrates her practice on public finance. She has served as bond counsel and counsel to issuers, underwriters, banks and borrowers on numerous taxable and tax-exempt debt financings. A significant portion of her practice involves structuring and completing complicated project financings for the benefit of nonprofit organizations including hospitals, nursing homes, continuing care retirement communities, cultural institutions, public and private universities and preparatory schools. She has also worked on financings for a variety of governmental agencies and instrumentalities, particularly water and waste water systems. Sue also has experience with student loan financings. Sue’s finance experience includes drafting primary financing documents, including indentures, loan and trust agreements, official statements, purchase contracts, blue sky memoranda, legislation and opinions.
- Served as bond counsel to the Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corporation, Rhode Island Student Loan Authority, and Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Serves as underwriter’s counsel to various investment banking firms, both locally and in New York
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Selected as a Rhode Island Rising Star in 2010-2013
- Board Member, East Greenwich Basketball Association
- Board Member, East Greenwich Youth Field Hockey Association, Inc.
- Member, Holy Cross Club of Rhode Island
- Member, Holy Cross Athletic Alumni Association
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.