The lawyers and other professionals of Locke Lord’s Washington, D.C., office offer clients a broad range of professional services in key sectors. Our lawyers represent clients before various federal regulatory agencies and provide general antitrust counseling and CFIUS compliance advice as well as advertising, marketing and trade regulation advice to companies that manufacture and advertise consumer products. Our D.C. office maintains solid relationships and strong commitments to meet our clients’ strategic and operational needs in energy, intellectual property, banking, health care, insurance regulatory and transactional matters, federal public law and policy matters, and real estate finance transactions, among other areas. You can find just a sampling of our capabilities below:
- Energy: represent interstate natural gas pipeline and storage companies, oil pipeline companies, merchant generator interests, electric utilities, renewable energy developers and owners, electric storage companies and local distribution companies on matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Department of Energy and other federal agencies
- Federal Public Law and Policy: handle public policy and government relations with a focus on advising clients on federal legislation, regulations and political matters and represent clients across the spectrum of the U.S. economy, such as health care, transportation, high technology, hospitality, gaming, natural resources and education
- Intellectual Property: provide transactional patent services for Japanese, U.S. and European companies that produce diversified products in the chemical, heavy machinery, metal, telecommunications, electronics, computers, software and food industries, among others
- Health Care and Insurance: regularly represent managed care organizations, health insurers and their intermediaries in complex transactions (e.g., new client relationships, joint ventures, outsourcing, M&A and key provider alignment strategies), insurance regulation and corporate matters
- Bank Regulatory and Transactional: represent community banks and other financial institutions primarily on federal and state regulatory matters and in complex corporate transactions and also engage in trade association representation
- Real Estate: provide real estate lending services involving all collateral types, handle a wide variety of general and specialty leasing and offer real estate acquisition and development services, including multi-family, raw land, hospitality, office and industrial; also provide local counsel document review and opinion work for the jurisdictions of D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
The Managing Partner of the Washington, D.C. office is Denise Hanna.
Click below to read:
145 Locke Lord Lawyers Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 List, 29 Recognized as Ones to Watch
Chambers USA Recognizes 57 Locke Lord Lawyers and 18 Practice Areas