Locke Lord is one of few national law firms for which the representation of corporate trustees is a primary practice area. For more than half a century, our lawyers have provided a full range of services across the spectrum of corporate trust transactions and activities to corporate trustees, custodians, collateral agents and escrow agents. Firm lawyers are not only knowledgeable about the primary and tangential legal issues involved but also have a broad understanding of the latest developments in the legal, administrative and transactional environment in which corporate trustees participate.
Our corporate trust services include:
- Structuring transactions in a manner that minimizes legal risks to the trustee and maximizes administrative efficiencies
- Providing constructive working group participation in new transactions, with an emphasis on responsiveness, while remaining attentive to the avoidance of undue legal risks to the corporate trustee
- Advising on best practices to the corporate trustee in its participation in transactions
- Counseling corporate trustees in resolving questions and difficulties encountered in the administration of corporate trusts
- Providing experienced and measured advice and representation in all aspects of default administration, including UCC and real estate foreclosures and public or private UCC sales
- Partnering, when necessary, with bankruptcy counsel experienced and knowledgeable about the particular considerations important to the administration of corporate trust matters in bankruptcy and to the protection of the interests of the corporate trustee itself in such proceedings
- Collaborating, when necessary, with litigation counsel experienced in court proceedings relating to corporate trust administration and the protection of the interests of the holders for whom the corporate trustee acts and also of the corporate trustee itself
- Providing regulatory and corporate advice to corporate trustees, which is broadly informed by an understanding of the state and federal regulatory environment in which corporate trustees operate
The services of the Firm span the breadth of the types of transactions in which corporate trustees participate, including corporate, municipal and structured finance transactions that are mortgage-backed, asset-backed, synthetics, leases, derivatives, CDOs, CLOs and many other types.