Printer Friendly Version
Simon Mayer provides strategic advice, planning and representation to the clients in bankruptcy and insolvency matters. Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, he represents debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 Trustees, third-party purchasers in a wide variety of insolvency and restructuring related matters, including bankruptcy litigation, corporate reorganization, corporate liquidation and asset sales.
- Representation of businesses in their Chapter 11 cases in the Southern District of Texas, including:
- Reorganized multiple affiliated debtors owning and operating six commercial retail shopping centers and offices located around the Houston metro area. Restructured primary secured debt of approximately $50 million
- Confirmed plan enabling Debtor to complete build out of restaurant and resolve dispute with landlord
- Completed restructuring of real estate development company with more than $10 million of secured indebtedness
- Representation of Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Trustees in bankruptcy cases and related adversary proceedings trustees.
- Prosecuted over 40 adversary proceedings against preference recipients resulting in more than $1,000,000.00 in avoided and recovered funds and reduced claims against the bankruptcy estate by approximately $1,900,000.00.
- Representation of both secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases. See e.g., In re Energy XXI, Ltd., Case No. 16-31928; In re Luca International Group, LLC, Case No. 15-34221; In re Milton R. Cutler, Case No. 15-31634.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named, "Rising Star" by Texas Monthly magazine (2012 - 2017)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Member, Houston Bankruptcy Inns of Court
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.