Third party vendors, outsource providers, and cloud providers are critical to the operations of all organizations. Yet they also introduce a significant cybersecurity risk. Locke Lord’s Privacy & Cybersecurity group will present a complimentary, in-depth review of the key regulatory requirements for vendor cybersecurity, followed by a presentation of a guide for implementing an effective and compliant Vendor Management Program to address this critical cybersecurity risk. The seminar will be presented in our Chicago office on April 10 and in our Hartford office on April 12.
We will cover:
- “Legs and Regs” – Vendor management is not only essential good business practice but also, in many cases, a fundamental and ongoing legal requirement
- Due Diligence and Selection – How to vet and select potential suppliers
- Onboarding – Explore terms and conditions to include in contracts and ways to implement them
- Monitoring – How to ensure vendors and suppliers are assessing the cyber risks they face, both internally and with their own service providers
- Governance – How the program can work within your organization’s larger cyber risk management program
- Off-Boarding – Developing a process for handling termination of the relationship with a given service provider
- Equipoising – Balancing a number of competing factors to arrive at a compliant and sensible program for your organization
This course has been approved for 2.5 CLE credits, including .5 Ethics credit in IL, RI and TX.
This course has been approved for 3.0 CLE credits, including .5 Ethics credit in NY.
A Universal Certificate of Attendance will be issued to CT attendees for 2.5 CLE credits, including .5 Ethics credit.
Join us in our Chicago office or Hartford office on:
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Chicago Offices of Locke Lord
111 S. Wacker Drive
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Hartford Offices of Locke Lord
20 Church Street
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. – Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 11:45 a.m. – Program
Lunch to follow program.
To register, please click here.
For more information, please contact Maureen McNair.