Companies are searching for new ways to have a wide range of documents (internal and external) signed safely under the new safe-distance rules and while dispersed. Join Locke Lord for a complimentary 60-minute webinar on April 29, 2020 that will cover the basics of e-signatures.
Topics will include:
- Are e-signatures recognized in all states? What are the exemptions?
- Can promissory notes be signed using electronic signatures?
- What are various forms of electronic signatures? Can en email suffice? What about a recorded, "Yes, I agree?"
- How do you prove who signed?
- Can electronic signatures be notarized?
- Are images created by my smart phone electronic records?
- Is an image of a signed document effective?
- How can we electronically sign an image without having special tools or without having to print the document?
- What are the regulatory compliance and evidentiary challenges?
During the workshop, we'll share the answers to these questions and more and leave plenty of time for Q&A.
Locke Lord has been advising clients on effective, compliant, enforceable e-contracting processes for more than two decades. Presenting will be four members of our Technology, Media & Telecommunications Industry Group: Gregory Casamento, Brian Casey, Patrick Hatfield and Thomas Smedinghoff.
This program is pending approval for 1.0 hour of CLE credit. When registering, please specify the state from which you would like to receive CLE credit.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Adorno.