served on the Planning Committee of the 44th Annual Ernest E. Smith Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Institute in Houston on April 20, 2018. The Firm was the Exclusive Institute Luncheon and Presentation Sponsor.
The Ernest E. Smith Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Institute continues to be the definitive course for attorneys, corporate lawyers, E&P operators and landmen. The Institute brings together a distinguished faculty of academics and practitioners for presentations on the latest oil and gas developments.
2018 program highlights included:
- Professor Ernest E. Smith shares his thoughts and perspectives from his many years of work with the oil and gas industry.
- The Case Law Update reviews recent decisions dealing with oil and gas leases, royalties, mineral conveyances, joint operating agreements, state regulation, and related topics.
- Discuss the history and development of the proration unit as a regulatory tool, and the consequences of importing the term into oil and gas leases and contracts.
- Review the evolution of the regulatory and land-title process for PSA and Allocation Wells.
- Hear the latest on Why and How to Recycle Oil and Gas Wastewater.
- Outline of the law of implied covenants, including duties imposed, standards applied, and remedies available.
- Plus information on surface use, decommissioning, P&A, executive rights and more.
For more information, please click here.