Scott Jones is a speaker for the Knowledge Group's LIVE Webcast on June 6th, The Future of Qui Tam & False Claims Act: What's In and Out of 2017? Scott's segment will cover the following topics:
- Defense-side perspective on heightened materiality standard and implied certification standard under U.S. ex rel. Escobar v. Universal Health Services (U.S. Sup. Ct. 2016) and its progeny.
- Post-Escobar False Claims Act cases setting forth examples of and exceptions to the applicable materiality standard.
- Key defensive techniques that make defensive use of the heightened materiality standard (e.g. exploring Rule 12 and 9(b) arguments; discovery tips, including from government payors).
Locke Lord is a proud sponsor of the LIVE Webcast that will present a panel of key thought leaders organized by The Knowledge Group to provide an overview to help you understand the critical elements of Qui Tam & False Claims Act and the potential changes it might undergo in the succeeding years. Speakers will also provide an in-depth discussion of FCA and give significant insights on the potential impacts of the current administration.
Some of the major topics that will be covered in this course are:
- Recent Developments in Qui Tam Litigation
- Impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in Escobar
- Defensive Techniques Using Heightened Materiality Standard
- Plaintiff Perspective on Post-Escobar Landscape
- Fraud Claims Act Enforcement Under President Trump
- What’s In and Out for 2017?
For more information, please click HERE