David Szabo will be a presenter during the AHLA Webinar, "MACRA-MIPS: How Will the Proposed Regulation Affect Providers" taking place on June 15, 2016.
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) repeals the Medicare sustainable growth rate (SGR) methodology for updates to the physician fee schedule (PFS) and replaces it with a new Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) for MIPS eligible clinicians or groups under the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS).
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016, CMS issued proposed regulations implementing the provisions of MACRA.
This webinar will look at significant elements of the proposed regulation implementing MACRA, such as:
- The establishment of the MIPS program;
- The implications for three key physician incentive programs that will be consolidated into the MIPS program:
- Medicare Meaningful Use Incentive program for eligible professionals
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- Physician Value- based Payment Modifier (VM)
- New incentives for physician participation in alternative payment models (APMs);
- The establishment of the Physician-Focused Payment Model; and
- Technical Advisory Committee (PTAC) to provide recommendations for Physician-Focused Payment Models (PFPMs)
Please click here for more information.