Locke Lord's Paul Coggins will be a panelist at the upcoming 2015 Government Enforcement Institute. Join a national faculty of government officials, private practitioners and general counsel to provide a unique collegial forum for practitioners and in-house counsel to engage with high-level current and former government officials from the SEC, DOJ, CFPB, FTC and other authorities with an enforcement mandate.
Hear the latest enforcement trends, risk areas and judicial and legislative developments, as well as indispensable insight and practical advice on key stages and considerations during a government investigation.
UTGEI program highlights include:
- Andrew Ceresney, Director of Enforcement for the SEC, opens with the Keynote Presentatio
- The Company in Crisis: Talking to Investors, Regulators and the Media provides best practices for crisis communication, including strategies for dealing with the media, investors and the public, featuring Audrey T. Andrews, General Counsel, Tenant Healthcar
- Examination of the role of the corporate board in a government investigation with Robb Voyles, General Counsel, Halliburton
- The SEC’s new emphasis on accounting fraud, featuring David Woodcock, Regional Director SEC
- A look at the SEC’s recent focus on attorney disciplinary actions with former U.S. Attorney, Jim Letten and SEC Associate Director for Enforcement, Scott Friestad
- “The Lightning Round” updates on current priorities and actions from the SEC, FTC, CFTC, DOJ and CFPB
- Discussion of the role of the external auditor and key considerations during an investigation featuring Claudius B. Modesti, Director of Enforcement at the Public Company Accounting Overnight Board
- Cybersecurity: Proactive Steps to Minimize Liability
- An overview of key recent cases and legislative developments
- Invaluable networking opportunities to interact with speakers and attendees, including the Wednesday Networking Luncheon and Evening Reception