Simon Fleischmann will be speaking about compliance risks presented by the TCPA and the FDCPA at the ACI Consumer Lending Regulatory Compliance Conference on October 29-30, 2015.
From the CFPB to the prudential regulators, lenders are facing increasingly aggressive regulatory scrutiny with no end in sight, and compliance and risk management is now more critical than ever before. In addition to unparalleled benchmarking opportunities, this conference will provide attendees with the latest insights and expert advice from our exceptional faculty including on:
- In-house insights on the current consumer lending environment, compliance and enforcement challenges and how to overcome them
- Speakers from federal and state agencies on the latest regulatory, supervision, investigation and enforcement initiatives and examination procedures for consumer lenders
- The ubiquitous presence of the CFPB: rulemaking updates and everything you need to know about being compliant with the “big brother” of the consumer lending industry
- Nuances in state law regulatory compliance, including a focus on auto lending regulations, and federal preemption issues
- All about disclosures: truth in lending (TILA) refresher for consumer lending products plus benchmarking your compliance with the brand new TILA/RESPA integrated disclosure rule (TRID) for home mortgages
- Everything you need to know about fair lending: ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations (FHA, ECOA, HMDA, etc.), plus the Supreme Court’s decision on the use of the “disparate impact” theory in fair lending
- The increasingly pervasive use of UDAAP: remaining compliant with the standards and examination and enforcement updates
- Third-party relationship compliance and risk management: enhancing your oversight and control over vendors and service providers in an environment of heightened regulatory expectations
- Protection of consumer financial information including consumer financial privacy (FCRA and GLBA) plus data security and preventing fraud/identity theft
- Proper debt collection practices: avoiding exposure to FDCPA and TCPA violations
- Deep dive into the consumer lending industry’s two biggest product lines — residential mortgages and student loans: unique regulatory scrutiny, hot button topics, emerging trends and more
- Controversial and emerging lending trends: high interest/short terms loans such as payday and auto title loans and the rise of ‘peer to peer’ or ‘online marketplace’ lending
For more information, please click here.