Walter Rodriguez represents public and private companies and private equity funds in connection with financings, corporate and securities law matters, and mergers and acquisitions.
Before joining the Firm, Walter interned with the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office and Defensor Publico in Atenas, Costa Rica. In law school, Walter served as President of the Latin American Law Student Association and the Executive Articles Editor for the Boston College International & Comparative Law Review. Walter also co-founded a pro-bono legal aid trip to Port-au-Prince, Haiti in conjunction with the Clough Center for the Study of Constitutional Democracy and Bureau des Avocats Internationaux. In addition, Walter was a member of the Boston College Law School 2015 Northeast Super-regional Champion Jessup International Moot Court team.
- Assisted in representing PTC Inc. in its acquisition of Onshape Inc. for approximately $470 million in cash, net of cash acquired.
- Assisted in representing an affiliate of Nautic Partners, LLC in its acquisition of LindFast Solutions Group, a master distributor of specialty fasteners in the North American market, from private equity owner Harbour Group.
- Assisted in representing Silver Oak Services Partners, LLC, a lower-middle market private equity firm focused exclusively on business, healthcare and consumer services companies, in its sale of The Tranzonic Companies to Pittsburgh-based PNC Riverarch Capital.
- Assisted in representing Silver Oak Services Partners, LLC in its partnership with management to lead the recapitalization of Legacy Farms, LLC.
- Assisted in representing Nautic Partners in connection with its acquisition of Endries International, a leading distributor of fasteners and Class-C parts serving industrial original equipment manufacturers worldwide
- Assisted in representing Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of H.E. Parts International, LLC, a producer of replacement and improvement component parts for large construction and mining vehicles for a total purchase price of $240 million
- Assisted in representing NewStar Financial Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWS) in the sale of its equipment finance business and related assets to Boston-based Radius Bank, a federal savings association, for approximately $140 million in cash
- Assisted in representing Hastings Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of IMPACT! Chemical Technologies, Inc. (IMPACT!), a Texas-based corporation and leading provider of specialty chemicals to oil and gas production and midstream companies
- Assisted in representing Hastings Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Desert Downhole Tools, LLC, a Texas-based company specializing in the assembly, rental, and service of packers and plugs for exploration and production companies
- Assisted in representing Hastings Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Bullseye Testing, L.L.C., a provider of inspection services at the well site and in-facility
- Assisted in representing Nautic Partners in connection with its sale of Applied Consultants, Inc., a Texas-based provider of pipeline inspection services to the oil and gas pipeline infrastructure industry
- Assisted in representing Sevcon, Inc. (Nasdaq:SEV) in a private placement to certain institutional and accredited investors and advised the company on the subsequent registration of such shares for resale under the Securities Act
- Assisted in representing a private equity firm in its sale of a local cable-TV, phone, and internet provider
- Assisted in representing NewStar Financial Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWS) in the sale of its asset-based lending subsidiary, NewStar Business Credit LLC, to Sterling National Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sterling Bancorp (NYSE:STL) for approximately $330 million
- Assisted in representing PTC Inc. in its acquisition of the Vuforia augmented reality technology platform from Qualcomm
- Assisted in representing National General Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq:NGCH) in its acquisition of Standard Mutual Insurance Company
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- 2020 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity's Pathfinders Program
- Named to 2019 Cohort of the Latino Board Fellowship at Latinos for Education
- Former Deputy Regional President, Law Students & Young Lawyers, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- "Pro Bono Recognition Award" from the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice
- Mentor, Dreamfar High School Marathon