Locke Lord's International Hotel & Resort Group is a multidisciplinary team of corporate, real estate and tax lawyers with experience in virtually all areas of international hotel and resort ownership and operation. We have considerable experience in advising developers, owners, brands and operators in connection with the acquisition, development, operation and sale of international hotel and resort properties. We have worked on projects around the world, including projects in Canada, Mexico, France, Great Britain, Spain, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, the Turks and Caicos Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Republic of Maldives.
We assist clients with:
- Planning and structuring both debt and equity investments in international hotel and resort properties, including complex joint venture arrangements involving foreign entities.
- Acquiring, selling and financing hotels and resorts.
- Providing international tax advice.
- Structuring and negotiating management and license agreements for Hotel and resort management arrangements.
- Selecting and supervising foreign legal counsel and other project advisors.