Our lawyers are witnessing the increasing influence and complexity of information technology in the delivery of health care and related services. Our clients face significant challenges in protecting data and implementing, managing and maintaining the various systems they employ to do business and remain up-to-date on laws regarding the protection of health information.
We offer clients the services of lawyers knowledgeable in both the health care and IT industries. Our IT lawyers are involved in the technology industry on a daily basis and have extensive, in-depth experience with information technology agreements and data protection issues.
Our health care technology work includes the following:
- IT systems and procurement
- Internet law and regulation
- Commercial and technology agreement preparation for worldwide application
- Copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues relating to e-commerce
- Licensing agreements for specialized medical software and applications software related to medical devices
- HIPAA/privacy compliance
- Fraud & Abuse and Self-referral compliance
- Audit and compliance reviews to meet privacy, security, electronic transaction and electronic signature and encryption standards
- Security breaches of protected and confidential personal data
- Electronic medical records and electronic transmission of health information
- E-prescribing initiatives
- Foreign privacy laws
We represent clients grappling with multi-state and international Internet, telemedicine, ethics and privacy and HIPAA issues. Our lawyers understand licensure and other state and federal regulatory matters affecting the delivery of health care telemedicine services. We are at the forefront of understanding industry, business, legal and regulatory trends so that we can assist our health care clients in addressing cutting edge issues as they develop.
Our experience includes:
- Consulting on electronic medical records and electronic transmission of health information.
- Advising on data and image security and related technology issues.
- Addressing medical practice licensure issues involving radiology telemedicine practice.
- Consultations and advice on licensing and marketing issues for medical practices with patients in multiple jurisdictions via the Internet and email.
- Representation of pharmacy providers establishing Internet prescribing and fulfillment practices.