Locke Lord's Financial Services Regulatory lawyers provide comprehensive counseling and advice to domestic and international financial institutions on transactional, legislative, regulatory and litigation-related matters. Our clients range from community banks to money-center financial institutions and include finance companies, savings associations, credit unions, credit card issuers, title insurance and settlement services businesses, specialty finance lenders, mortgage originators and mortgage servicers and sub-servicers.
Locke Lord lawyers bring a diverse range of experiences to bear on the issues facing our financial services clients. Our team includes lawyers who have served as chief compliance officer, general counsel and staff lawyers for industry leading companies, as well as lawyers who have served within federal and state regulatory agencies. Aided by this breadth of experiences and viewpoints, Locke Lord lawyers are well positioned to help financial services companies navigate today's challenging regulatory environment.
We perform a multitude of essential services in today's complex regulatory environment, including the following:
- Mergers and Acquisitions of banks, mortgage companies and other finance and settlement services companies
- Regulatory advice on the numerous mortgage statutes and regulations, including FDCPA, TILA, RESPA, HMDA, CRA, ECOA and their respective implementing regulations
- Compliance with state and federal licensing requirements
- Compliance with state insurance statutes and regulations
- Bank Holding Company Act and Home Owners Loan Act filings and compliance
- Change in Bank Control Act rebuttals and notice filings
- Corporate Governance
- Enforcement representation
- Examination management, oversight and response strategies
- Private equity and hedge fund investment in bank, finance and settlement services companies
- Lending limits, transactions with affiliates and loans to insiders
- Vendor management compliance and negotiating outsourcing contracts
- Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering regulatory compliance
- Representation before federal and state regulatory agencies
- State law surveys
- Compliance review and drafting of policies, procedures, declarations and disclosures
- National Mortgage Settlement compliance and enforcement
- Attorney General Investigation management and oversight
Our goal is to provide exceptional legal services, to be responsive to our clients' needs and to efficiently manage the cost of our services. Our diverse client base allows our lawyers to work with talented, creative leaders in a wide variety of situations and provide value to our clients.