Peter Wynacht is a Partner in the Chicago office of Locke Lord where he focuses his practice on federal income tax matters, with an emphasis on corporate mergers and acquisitions. He regularly represents private equity and venture capital firms on dispositions and acquisitions of portfolio companies as well as entrepreneurs. Prior representations in the private equity and venture capital space include matters for The Edgewater Funds, L Squared Capital Partners, Vance Street Capital Partners, LaSalle Capital Partners, Wynnchurch Capital, Chicago Growth Partners, Longview Asset Management, Levine Leichtman Capital Partners and Cognitive Capital Partners, to name a few.
He has represented domestic and foreign individuals and business entities in day-to-day operational matters and complex business transactions, including business startups, mergers and acquisitions, business and capital restructurings and U.S. inbound and outbound investment matters.
Prior to joining Locke Lord, Peter served as senior tax counsel for Chevron Corporation, where he navigated a variety of complex tax matters and incorporated cutting-edge tax planning techniques from around the world, and was an attorney at a multinational law firm for more than seventeen years.
- Represented a leading US-based provider of physical therapy services in its $600MM sale to a global private markets investment manager.
- Represented a leading consumer brands conglomerate (NYSE listed and exchanged) in its acquisition of the largest boat club operator and the premier marine franchisor in the US.
- Represented a US-based private equity firm in its sale of a leading solutions provider of customized, ruggedized, and highly engineered industrial grade embedded solid state drive and memory products.
- Represented a nationally recognized leader in property and casualty and employee benefits brokerage and consulting with proprietary programs and specialties in the sports, entertainment and publishing industries in its sale to one of the largest insurance broker and consulting firms.
- Represented a US-based private equity firm in its sale of an early childhood educational resources provider to one of the largest private equity and venture capital growth funds.
- Represented a US-based private equity firm in its acquisition of the largest independent provider of elevator maintenance, repair, and modernization services across all major brands of equipment.
- Represented a US-based equity firm in its acquisition of a leading designer of proprietary OEM-alternative parts and repair services for the commercial aerospace industry.
- Represented a distressed private debt and equity investment firm in its acquisition of a national pizza restaurant and delivery brand.
- Represented a US-based consumer and business products manufacturer and its Canadian subsidiaries in $1B (plus) multi-jurisdictional credit facility.
- Represented a portfolio company of a US-based private equity firm in its acquisition of a Canadian-based affiliate marketing agency.
- Represented a US-based auto parts manufacturer in acquisition of a Mexican-based parts supplier.
- Represented NYSE listed online and mobile food-ordering and delivery marketplace in various add-on and strategic acquisitions.
- ;Represented a family office in its ~$365MM sale of a leading provider of enterprise control and automation systems and audio and video switching and distributing solutions to a premier infotainment and audio group
- Represented a US-based defense contractor in acquisition of a UK-based defense contractor and manufacturer.
- Represented a global nutrition conglomerate listed and traded on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges in several acquisitions totally more than $1B, including acquisitions of internationally recognized nutritional and dietary supplement companies and brands.
- Represented Tokyo-based global leasing company in connection with its more than $1B joint venture and alliance with an NSYE listed and exchanged international supplier of equipment and services to freight rail transportation markets.
- Represented US-leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of fasteners and tools in its sale to a Japanese-based leader in ceramics and electronic manufacturing.
- Represented a Korean investment management company in multiple ABS-back transactions totaling more than $2B.
- Represented a US-based global brokerage firm in its acquisition of ABS-backed notes from a Canadian-based aircraft manufacturer.
- Represented a US-affiliate of a Canadian-based metal manufacturing, processing and distribution conglomerate in various acquisitions of U.S. and Canadian businesses.
- Represented a US-based market leader in the production of decorative concrete floor products and systems, in its sale to a Switzerland-based specialty chemicals company and auto parts supplier.
- Represented a global energy company in its sale of certain European oil refining operations to a Dutch company for consideration in excess of $2B.
- Represented a middle-market private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading manufacturer and service provider of incident response and emergency management solutions.
- Represented a US-based private equity firm in its acquisition of a leading provider of high performance consumable cutting tools.