Daniel P. Weitzel represents banks before the federal bank regulatory agencies as well as the many state banking departments. This representation is regarding both transactional and regulatory compliance matters. Daniel also represents clients in corporate and securities law, focusing on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate reorganizations, private placements of both debt and equity and general corporate business planning and counseling. Daniel has represented companies and individuals in numerous instances relating to corporate control issues and financial transactions. Furthermore, Daniel has also represented investment banks and other entities in acquisition, divestiture and capital raising transactions.
His representation consisted of advising the client on the full spectrum of issues, negotiating the transaction, drafting all transaction documents, preparing, filing and prosecuting any necessary applications or notices with various agencies, assisting the client in the performance of due diligence and closing the transaction.
Daniel also provides extensive counseling and assistance with respect to corporate governance matters, emerging issues, securities reporting requirements and executive compensation.
- Representing numerous companies with respect to merger or acquisition transactions, both on the buy side and the sell side
- Representing companies at various stages of product rollout in connection with capital raising and business planning
- Representing major holders in connection with their acquisition and/or divestment of a company's equity
- Representing venture capital firms with respect to equity investments
- Representing companies during their dissolutions and liquidations via sale of assets and transfer of liabilities
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- Past member of the Steering Committee of the Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Corporation, Banking and Business Law section
- Past Chairman, Emerging Business and Entrepreneur Committee of the Northern Virginia Technology Council