Julie Webb represents financial institutions and other corporate clients in class actions and other complex litigation throughout the country. Julie is experienced in all aspects of the litigation process, including early settlement opportunities, motion practice, discovery, trial and appeals. Julie also co-chairs the Firm’s Chicago Office Diversity & Inclusion Committee, and serves as a 2020 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow.
Antitrust Class Action Litigation
Julie defends financial institutions and other corporate clients in class actions involving claims under federal and state antitrust statutes, including but not limited to alleged price-fixing and boycott under the Sherman Act. Current or recent matters have included:
- Representing large financial institution in class actions involving antitrust and commodities fraud claims relating to alleged manipulation of the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) and other benchmark interest rates; and
- Representing large financial institution in class actions involving antitrust claims relating to alleged manipulation of foreign exchange benchmarks.
Julie has also represented a large insurance company in multi-district litigation involving lawsuits filed by auto body shop owners throughout the country alleging antitrust violations.
Financial Services Class Action Litigation
Julie defends financial institutions and other corporate clients in a wide variety of consumer class actions involving consumer fraud and/or violation of state and federal statutes. Julie has also represented financial institutions and other corporate clients in litigation initiated by individual consumers relating to loan origination, loan servicing, and foreclosure-related disputes. Julie’s work in this area has involved representation of financial services companies in several appeals, including before the Seventh and Eighth Circuits.
Restrictive Covenant Enforcement
Julie has extensive experience enforcing restrictive covenants and litigating trade secret misappropriation claims throughout the country, both in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels. Julie obtains injunctions to guard against irreparable harm, and prosecutes claims for damages caused by former employees and new employers’ contractual violations and misappropriation of trade secret data. Julie’s work in this arena spans across all manner of industries, from financial services companies to healthcare companies to consulting businesses.
Other Commercial Litigation
Julie also represents companies in a wide variety of commercial litigation. Current and recent matters have included:
- Representing global electronics manufacturer and seller in unfair competition, trade secret, and trademark infringement litigation related to IP speaker technology;
- Representing a large insurance company retrocessionaire in contractual dispute with reinsurer; and
- Representing a well-known athletic equipment company in litigation involving a contractual dispute with a former warehouse provider for a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Member, American Bar Association (Antitrust and Litigation Sections)
- Executive Committee Secretary, Field Museum Field Associates
- Regional Coordinator, Dartmouth Lawyers’ Association