Julie Webb represents financial institutions and other corporate clients in class actions and other complex litigation throughout the country. Julie is experienced in all aspects of the litigation process, including early settlement opportunities, motion practice, discovery, trial and appeals. Julie also Co-Chairs the Firm's Chicago office Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and serves as a 2020 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow.
Julie defends financial institutions and other corporate clients in class actions involving claims under federal and state antitrust statutes, including alleged price-fixing and boycott under the Sherman Act.
Julie defends financial institutions and other corporate clients in a wide variety of consumer class actions involving consumer fraud and/or violation of state and federal statutes. Julie has also represented financial institutions and other corporate clients in litigation initiated by individual consumers relating to loan origination, loan servicing and foreclosure-related disputes. Julie’s work in this area has involved representation of financial services companies in several appeals, including before the Seventh and Eighth Circuits.
Julie has extensive experience enforcing restrictive covenants and litigating trade secret misappropriation claims throughout the country, both in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels. Julie obtains injunctions to guard against irreparable harm, and prosecutes claims for damages caused by former employees and new employers’ contractual violations and misappropriation of trade secret data. Julie’s work in this arena spans across all manner of industries, from financial services companies to health care companies to consulting businesses.
Julie's experience includes:
Antitrust Class Action Litigation
- Representing large financial institution in class actions involving antitrust and commodities fraud claims relating to alleged manipulation of the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) and other benchmark interest rates
- Representing large financial institution in class actions involving antitrust claims relating to alleged manipulation of foreign exchange benchmarks
- Representing a large insurance company in multidistrict litigation involving lawsuits filed by auto body shop owners throughout the country alleging antitrust violations
Other Commercial Litigation
- Representing global electronics manufacturer and seller in unfair competition, trade secret and trademark infringement litigation related to IP speaker technology
- Representing a large insurance company retrocessionaire in contractual dispute with reinsurer
- Representing a well-known athletic equipment company in litigation involving a contractual dispute with a former warehouse provider for a wholly owned subsidiary
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, American Bar Association (Antitrust and Litigation Sections)
- Vice Chair, ABA Antitrust Section’s Civil Practice & Procedure Committee
- Appointed as a Commissioner to the ABA’s Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (2020)
- Executive Committee Secretary, Field Museum Field Associates
- Regional Coordinator, Dartmouth Lawyers' Association