Tara Trifon represents clients in complex disputes throughout the country with a specific focus on privacy and cybersecurity issues and financial services litigation. She is a member of the firm’s Privacy & Cyber Litigation and Enforcement Team, where she concentrates on the developing theories and bases advanced in class action and other private litigation, and in enforcement actions by federal and state agencies, related to the collection, use, sharing and protection of data. Tara has significant experience handling business and consumer finance litigation, including class actions, relating to claims of violations of consumer protection laws or regulations, contract breaches, fraud, negligence, and misrepresentation. Tara also regularly advises clients relating to insurance disputes, merger and acquisition issues, and regulatory matters. Tara has been selected for inclusion as a Connecticut Super Lawyers - Rising Star in the areas of Business Litigation and Administrative Law since 2013 by Super Lawyers Magazine and was also selected as a New Leader in the Law by the Connecticut Law Tribune in 2014.
Tara was an Associate at a Connecticut real estate litigation firm, where she practiced in the areas of financial services litigation, bankruptcy and summary process. Her courtroom experience included successful oral argument on a number of motions before the trial courts of Connecticut, including successfully litigating a summary process in state court.
- CitiMortgage, Inc. v. Richard Tanasi, 176 Conn. App. 829 (2017) (affirmed denial of motion to dismiss that attempted to impose additional pleading requirements on a plaintiff in foreclosures)
- In re Chickosky, 498 B.R. 4 (Bkrtcy, D.Conn. 2013) (obtained denial of confirmation of the Chapter 12 plan after demonstrating the debtor’s plan was not feasible and the debtor could not use confirmation process to eliminate cross-collateralization rights of lender)
- Parola v. Citibank (South Dakota), N.A., 894 F.Supp.2d 188 (D.Conn. 2012) (dismissal of all claims asserted against private lender regarding student loan repayment options available under the Higher Education Act)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association