Printer Friendly Version
Emily Travis is a labor & employment litigator in the Houston office of Locke Lord. She has measured experience in litigation and administrative complaints arising out of complaints of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, reasonable accommodation, FMLA, and FLSA (and Texas state law counterparts). Additionally, she assists clients in responding to employee complaints to the EEOC, TWC, OSHA, and NLRB, including preparation of position statements. Emily also works on employment agreements, severance agreements, arbitration agreements, independent contractor agreements, employee applications, employee policies and employee handbooks/manuals.
Second Chair in:
- Representing national refining company in four-week trial in Washington State against citations for violation of Washington’s process safety management regulations; representation required knowledge of regulatory requirements and factual and legal defenses and management of expert and fact witnesses and trial team
- Representing international cybersecurity company in obtaining injunctive relief against former employees and competitor company relating to misappropriation of trade secrets
- Assisting international chemical company with internal investigation following incident relating to release of hazardous materials, including conducting witness interviews and interfacing with governmental agencies
- Representing Grenadian exploration and production company and indemnified vendors in suit for misappropriation of trade secrets; granted special appearance on behalf of defendant
- Representing Norwegian software company in claims against U.S. subsidiary for breach of LLC Agreement and termination of agreement for distribution of software
- Representing international gas supplier in arbitration against customer for breach of gas supply agreement, with particular consideration to construction disputes and force majeure
- Representing former CEO of healthcare IT company in arbitration for breach of employment agreement and wrongful termination
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.