Printer Friendly Version
Harry Holmes Thompson is an associate in the Firm's Houston office where he maintains a broad litigation practice, focused primarily on commercial litigation, including consumer finance litigation and white collar criminal defense. Harry’s litigation practice also focuses on eminent domain and government taking litigation, as well as energy-related litigation and other complex commercial litigation.
Harry has experience advising and representing a variety of local and foreign businesses and individuals throughout the litigation process, including leading mediations, managing discovery challenges, drafting and defending dispositive motions, preparing witnesses for depositions and trial testimony, defending and taking depositions, working with expert witnesses, and negotiating and finalizing complex settlement agreements. Additionally, Harry is the Coordinator for the Houston office’s pro bono program.
- Lead associate on defense of complex environmental dispute, establishing new law in the Fifth Circuit
- Lead associate on prosecution of matter involving embezzlement of a major restaurant chain’s funds, obtaining judgment on behalf of restaurant group
- Lead associate on numerous eminent domain lawsuits, resulting in the efficient installation of pipelines for several major oil and gas companies
- Represented, as lead associate, various banks, mortgage servicers, and mortgage investors in a wide range of lawsuits that included claims of breach of contract, fraud, negligence, and allegations of various statutory violations
- Represented major midstream pipeline companies throughout the condemnation process
- Assisted with various internal investigations involving Trading With the Enemy Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Lead associate in negotiation with federal government regarding environmental sanctions
- Assisted with defense of multi-district antitrust litigation
- Obtained judgment on foreign company for fraudulent activities
- Assisted with responses to various subpoenas for investigations by federal agencies, including Department of Justice and Environmental Protection Agency
- Lead associate on breach of contract lawsuit concerning restaurant purchase, with trial preparation and negotiations resulting in morning-of-trial settlement
- Curry v. Ocwen Loan Servicing LLC, CV H-15-3089, 2016 WL 3920375 (S.D. Tex. July 14, 2016)
- Sam v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 4:15-CV-3194, 2016 WL 3566239, at *1 (S.D. Tex. June 24, 2016)
- Wheeler v. U.S. Bank Nat'l Ass'n, CV H-14-0874, 2016 WL 554846, at *1 (S.D. Tex. Feb. 10, 2016)
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.