Russell Stockman has a wide range of commercial litigation experience advising clients in a variety of actions, including commercial contract disputes, tort liability, construction litigation and administrative agency actions.
Russell has experience advocating for both plaintiffs and defendants throughout the litigation process, including pre-suit matters, managing the discovery process, preparing witnesses for depositions, drafting and responding to pleadings and written discovery, negotiating settlement agreements, motion practice and oral advocacy in state and federal court.
His experience includes:
- Assisted in securing a multimillion-dollar pre-trial settlement for a midstream oil and gas company alleging breach of contract and negligence claims in a construction dispute
- Assisted in representation of a major midstream oil and gas company in a contested evidentiary dispute before Texas Railroad Commission with regard to fees for use of municipal rights-of-way
- Assisted in representation of oil and gas investor alleging state securities act violations, fraud and breach of contract claims
- Associate, KPMG, LLP (2013-2015)
- Certified Public Accountant (2015)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association