Daniel Solitro is a litigation Partner in Locke Lord’s Los Angeles office who handles a broad range of commercial disputes. His practice focuses on complex business disputes, with an emphasis on real estate and financial litigation and consumer class actions. Mr. Solitro has handled numerous matters in federal and state courts in California and other jurisdictions throughout the United States, as well before various arbitration tribunals. Mr. Solitro has successfully represented a wide range of clients, including financial institutions, loan servicers, and commercial real estate owners and developers. He also represents manufacturers, marketers, and distributors of food, cosmetics and dietary supplements in consumer class action cases, including claims of false advertising and unfair competition.
Prior to joining Locke Lord, Mr. Solitro served as a law clerk for the Honorable Emilio M. Garza, United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit. Mr. Solitro also worked as an associate in the Century City office of law firm Irell & Manella, LLP.
- Defend retailer in a putative class action alleging that aloe vera gel sold by retailer does not contain detectable aloe vera.
- Defend various cosmetics companies against claims alleging false advertising and improper drug classification.
- Extensive experience counseling clients on issues relating to California’s Proposition 65 and other warning, labeling and disclosure requirements for retailers in California.
- Representing commercial tenant in dispute involving the termination of six related 40-year property leases
- Representing a homeowners' association in a case worth over $95 million involving significant lease and contract questions resolved for the association. The case also involves matters of first impression regarding the interpretation of a new statute in California, Civil Code section 1098 et seq., and the application of a fee assessed by an original developer against the homeowners
- Obtained a settlement for a pooled mortgage fund in an arbitration proceeding involving a breach of a several million dollar commercial loan agreement relating to a 374 unit Austin, Texas apartment complex
- Represented a real estate property developer in a dispute relating to the development of a boutique hotel and residence in downtown San Francisco. Matter settled on favorable terms for his client
- Representing mortgage lenders and servicers in multiple related lawsuits involving claims for breach of contract and fraudulent transfer relating to a stock cooperative corporation in Santa Monica, California
- Represented a real estate development company against multiple lawsuits arising out of a residential development project in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Defended major car distributorship in arbitration proceeding involving claims relating to vehicle service programs
- Represent mortgage lenders, servicers and investors in state and federal court in numerous individual actions and putative class action litigation, including defense of financial institutions involving claims under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and state consumer fraud/deceptive business practices statutes such as California Business & Professions Code §§ 17200, et seq. (UCL)
- Member of a trial team defending a leading payroll processing company and its affiliates of claims arising out of a license agreement for payroll processing software in several related actions proceeding to trial
- Represented a Chinese film distributor and investor in an Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) arbitration proceedings involving its investment in an independent film
- Defended a South Korean sporting goods company in an international arbitration dispute involving a licensing and manufacturing agreement
- Represented a national restaurant chain in a matter consolidated by a MDL panel alleging federal and state wage and hour claims
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Irell & Manella LLP
- Law Clerk, Hon. Emilio M. Garza, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit