Enrique Santiago is a member of Locke Lord's Private Equity and Venture Capital practice group. He represents public and private companies in a wide variety of business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity financings, debt finance and capital markets transactions. Enrique also represents companies in a wide variety of general corporate matters, from formation and preparation of governing agreements among stakeholders to complex multi-phase restructurings (both internal and those involving numerous outside interests) to liquidation, dissolution and unwinding of organizations.
Enrique has experience in matters involving companies that develop and manufacture technology products, ranging from consumer-facing services to business-oriented platforms. He has experience negotiating technology agreements, including traditional inbound and outbound licensing, development agreements, distribution, customization, and implementation. He has additional experience, including compliance with state and federal data privacy and securities laws and regulations, corporate governance, employee benefits and tax issues. He also regularly handles transactions in the energy (including renewable energy) and health care industries.
Prior to joining the Firm, he was Assistant Counsel at EMC Corporation.
- Seconded with NextEra Energy, Inc. as part of the Renewable Energy Transactions team from October 22, 2018–February 1, 2019 and October 24, 2019–November 8, 2019.
- Assisted in the representation of NewBridge Resources, LLC, in the acquisition of Pacific Coast Energy Holdings LLC from Metalmark Breitburn Holdings LLC and Greenhill Capital Partners II, LP.
- Assisted in the representation of Comstock Resources, Inc. in the acquisition of Covey Park Energy LLC in a cash and stock merger valued at approximately $2.2 billion.
- Assisted in the representation of Nuevo Midstream Dos, LLC in a definitive agreement with an affiliate of ArcLight Capital Partners to purchase Republic Midstream, LLC.
- Represented Sokowatch Inc., the winner of the 2015 Social New Venture Challenge at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business that provides a technology platform connecting informal retailers throughout Sub-Saharan Africa to CPG companies in the United States, including Unilever, Mars and P&G, in the closing of its $2 million Series A Preferred Stock Offering.
- Assisted in the representation of EnCap Flatrock Midstream as Lotus Midstream, a portfolio company of EnCap Flatrock, announced the acquisition of the Centurion pipeline system and a Southeast New Mexico crude oil gathering system from Occidental Petroleum Corporation.
- Assisted in the representation of Health Grid Holding Company in its sale to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions.
- Assisted in the representation of Medallion Gathering & Processing, LLC in the company’s sale to an affiliate of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) for a cash purchase price of $1.825 billion.
- Assisted in the representation of MobileHelp in the company’s acquisition by ABRY Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm.
- Represented a verified product data and image company in its sale to a strategic investor.
- Represented a digital media company in its internal restructuring and investment by a publicly traded communications company.
- Represented target industrial supply company asset sale to NYSE-listed industrial distribution company.
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate Counsel, EMC Corporation, Hopkinton, Mass. (2014-2015)