Michelle Raftery focuses her practice on commercial real estate finance, structured finance and securitization matters. Michelle has particular expertise in structuring both bankruptcy-remote commercial mortgage loan originations and in mezzanine loan financings related to real property as well as in legal isolation opinions under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2011, Michelle was a Special Counsel in the Financial Restructuring Department of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft.
- Representative CMBS transactions include Bear Stearns' $20 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing of Blackstone's acquisition of Hilton Hotels in 2007, JPMorgan's $7 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing of TPG/Apollo's acquisition of Harrah's in 2008, Bank of America's $460 million financing of Florida East Coast Industries in 2009, and JPMorgan's $2 billion mortgage financing of Centerbridge/Paulson/Blackstone's purchase of the assets of Extended Stay Hotels in 2010
- Represented a NYSE-listed telecommunications company in financing the acquisition of a $500 million securitized portfolio of more than 1,800 communication sites
- Represented a GSE in structuring and closing a $531 million affordable housing loan
- Other structured or securitized finance transactions include credit tenant lease securitizations, bondable lease-backed debt financings and equipment lease receivable financings
- Represented a Bermuda-domiciled monoline insurance company in the out-of-court restructuring and commutation of $12 billion in ABS CDO’s