Brett Pritchard has experience in a wide range of corporate, securities, and finance matters, including public and private offerings of securities, mergers of both publicly traded and privately-held companies, stock and asset acquisitions and sales, corporate governance, compliance with federal and state securities laws, and general commercial transactions. Brett has extensive experience representing insurance companies and underwriters in public and private securities offerings, demutualizations and mergers and acquisitions. He also has worked with lawyers in our bankruptcy practice to address corporate and securities issues related to bankruptcy, corporate restructuring and acquisitions of troubled companies.
Brett is a frequent speaker and lecturer on corporate and securities law topics, having spoken on panels addressing whistleblowing developments under the Dodd Frank Act and Sarbanes Oxley Act, and the duties of directors and officers to manage entanglement risk. Brett has also spoken on panels at the Ray Garrett Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute of Chicago addressing ethics in transaction negotiation and securities offering reform. Brett has spoken at the Chicago Bar Association on the topics of public offerings, mergers and acquisitions and drafting corporate agreements, and also has been a guest lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School and the Chicago-Kent College of Law on corporate and securities law matters.
- Company counsel in IPOs and other offerings of equity and debt securities, including offerings for Houston International Insurance Group, Ltd., Vericity, Inc., State National Companies, Inc., National General Holdings, Inc., Old Republic International Corporation, Patriot Risk Management, Inc. and Ottawa Savings Bancorp, Inc.
- Underwriters' counsel in numerous IPOs and other public offerings of equity and debt securities, including Imperial Holdings, Inc., CastlePoint Holdings, Ltd., AMERISAFE, Inc., SeaBright Insurance Holdings Inc., Tower Group, Inc., Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. and RLI Corp.
- Company counsel in the subscription rights demutualization of Members Mutual Holding Company and related IPO of Vericity, Inc.
- Underwriters' counsel in the subscription rights demutualization/IPO of Eastern Insurance Holdings, Inc., Mercer Insurance Group and Old Guard Group.
- Counsel to standby purchaser in the subscription rights demutualization/IPO of ICC Holdings, Inc.
- Representation of public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, sales of assets and sales of books of insurance business.
- Representation of stock and mutual insurance companies, reciprocal inter-insurance exchanges and mutual holding companies in connection with acquisitions, capital raising, mutual holding company reorganization, and governance matters.
- Company counsel in mutual holding company reorganizations, including Mag Mutual Insurance Company, Fidelity Life Association, Millers First Insurance Company and First Non-Profit Insurance Company.
- Company counsel and underwriters' counsel in various 144A private placements of debt and equity securities.
- Representation of a special committee of directors in connection with the company's "going private" acquisition by its majority stockholder.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Analyst/Programmer, Electronic Data Systems Corporation
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, American Bar Association
- Chancellor and former Senior Warden, Grace Episcopal Church, Hinsdale, IL