Christian Perez is an associate in the Houston office of Locke Lord LLP where he focuses his practice on business litigation and dispute resolution, construction law, and energy litigation. Christian’s broad experience includes assisting clients in commercial contract disputes, fiduciary relations issues, as well as assisting subcontractors, general contractors, and owners in a wide variety of construction disputes.
Christian has experience advising and representing a variety of businesses and individuals throughout the litigation and arbitration processes, including pre-suit matters, managing the discovery process, drafting and responding to pleadings and written discovery, motion practice, preparing witnesses for depositions, defending and taking depositions, conducting mediations and settlement negotiations, working closely with expert witnesses and preparing for and advocating at trial and arbitration.
Christian's experience includes practice in front of state and federal district courts, as well as domestic and international arbitration tribunals.
- Represents construction subcontractors in contract negotiations involving the sale, rental, and mantenance of construction equipment and construction services
- Assists in representation of property owners and general contractors in connection with negotiating terms of construction agreements
- Assisted in representation of limited partnership and individual partner against claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty
- Assisted in representation of royalty interest owner in litigation involving interpretation of deed provisions
- Assisted in representation of EPC contractor involved in state regulatory board investigation
- Assisted in securing dismissal of all claims with prejudice against client property owner facing suit for misappropriation of funds and breach of contract
- Assisted in representation of heating and air conditioning manufacturer in litigation with component parts manufacturer involving claims for breach of contract and breach of warranty
- Assisted in representation of fabrication company in construction-based breach of contract litigation
- Assisted project owner in obtaining release of liens asserted by various claimants
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association