Marisa Murillo's practice centers on representing lenders and borrowers in senior and junior capital financings, leveraged acquisition financings and working capital facilities. She has served as lead counsel to middle market senior and mezzanine lenders in negotiating and documenting complex financing transactions, including secured and unsecured credit facilities, commitment papers, subordination and intercreditor agreements, debt and equity restructurings and working capital facilities with commitments between $10 million and $500 million. She has also negotiated and closed numerous senior secured facilities for private equity sponsors with commitments between $10 million and $1.0 billion.
Prior to joining the Firm, Marisa was a corporate attorney for General Motors Corporation where she led negotiation of domestic and international agreements for GM, including GM’s auto finance and banking partnerships and closed GM’s first strategic alliance for the production of fuel cell vehicles with a Japanese OEM.
- Partner, Schiff Hardin LLP, Chicago
- Special Counsel, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, Chicago
- Partner, Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss P.C, Southfield, Mich.
- Attorney, Corporate Transactions Group, General Motors Corporation, Detroit
- Associate, Debt Finance Group, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Chicago
- Associate, Banking and Capital Markets Groups, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC, Charlotte
- Associate, Wachovia Bank, N.A., Charlotte
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Advisory Board, Gene Siskel Film Center
- Honoree, Lawyers of Color 2019 Nation’s Best
- Advisory Board, Museum of Contemporary Photography (“MOCP”), 2016 – Present
- Board of Directors, Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (“MOCAD”), 2014 – Present
- Member, Program Committee of the Sustaining Fellows of Art Institute of Chicago, 2017 – Present
- Member, Emerge Committee of Museum of Contemporary Art of Chicago, 2015 – Present
- Regional President, Hispanic National Bar Association, 2003 – 2005