Ryan Morgan is a Partner in the Firm's Real Estate and Finance Practice Group. Ryan represents clients in transactions involving the acquisition, development, operation, leasing, management and disposition of real property, including mixed-use projects, apartment communities, shopping centers, office buildings and industrial properties. He regularly represents administrative agents, lenders and borrowers in acquisition, construction, refinance and general commercial loan transactions, as well as workouts, foreclosures and note purchase and sale transactions. Ryan also has significant experience representing landlords and tenants in retail, industrial and office leasing.
- Representation of various lenders and administrative agents in connection with construction and acquisition loans for multifamily complexes, mixed-use developments, office towers, residential and commercial condominium projects, hotels and industrial facilities nationwide ranging from $5,000,000 to over $300,000,000.
- Representation of buyer in portfolio acquisition of nine ground leases and industrial buildings in El Paso, Texas.
- Representation of energy services company in negotiation of affiliated build-to-suit leases for new corporate headquarters, including a 125,000 square foot office building and adjacent industrial lab facility.
- Representation of lenders in various commercial loan transactions with term, revolving and delayed draw facilities.
- Representation of buyer in acquisition of portfolio of seven fully-leased industrial buildings in San Antonio, Texas.
- Representation of real estate investor in portfolio disposition of four self-storage facilities.
- Representation of national logistics company in acquisition of industrial warehouse facilities in multiple states.
- Representation of private equity portfolio company in sale of industrial facilities in multiple states.
- Representation of administrative agent in syndicated commercial credit facilities ranging up to $95,000,000.
- Representation of institutional landlord in preparation and negotiation of leases for retail shopping center in central Austin, Texas.
- Representation of borrower in connection with multi-advance real estate term loan for refinancing of various veterinary clinics.
- Representation of auto dealership in acquisitions of additional land for expansion and related real estate term loan and revolving line of credit.
- Representation of lender in cross-collateralized real estate term loans secured by multi-state portfolios of single-tenant industrial facilities.
- Representation of private developer in acquisitions of raw land and related land use matters for development of luxury master planned communities.
- Representation of institutional investor in connection with the due diligence for and purchase of various performing and distressed real estate loan portfolios.
- Representation of acquirer of salt water disposal wells and related real property, leases and access easements.
- Assist with the representation of an international energy company in the acquisition of right-of-way for the construction and operation of an interstate crude oil pipeline.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP (2018-Present)
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP (2010-2017)
- Fellow, United States Golf Association (2004-2006)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association (Member of Real Estate Law Section Council – 2014-2016)
- Named, Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine (2019)
- Member, Houston Golf Association (Transportation Committee for Shell Houston Open)
- Volunteer, Rice Alumni Volunteers for Admission
- Alumni Interviewer, Vanderbilt University Law School Admissions – Houston
- Rice Golf, Development Committee