Brandan Montminy is dedicated to providing responsive and practical advice and counsel to clients in a wide array of litigation matters, as well as in privacy, data protection, cybersecurity compliance, and incident preparedness and response. Brandan represents clients across multiple industries, including banking & finance, commercial, construction, healthcare, insurance, professional services, real estate, technology.
Brandan’s litigation experience includes advising and representing a variety of local and foreign businesses and individuals throughout the litigation process, including managing discovery, leading mediations, preparing and defending witnesses for depositions and trial testimony, defending and taking depositions, working with expert witnesses, preparing clients and matters for trial, negotiating complex settlement agreements, and providing post-verdict and appellate advice.
Cybersecurity, Data Privacy & Breach Response
Brandan is a member of the Firm’s nationally recognized Privacy & Cybersecurity Group and Incident Response Team. Whether advising clients prophylactically regarding the design and implementation of privacy, data protection, and vendor policies and contracts, or reactively by directing forensic investigation, analysis, or litigation stemming from potential data breaches, Brandan leverages the Firm’s resources and relationships with vendors in consulting, forensics, public relations, and consumer services to provide clients seamless solution solving.
- Ongoing representation of a wholesale distributor in In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation, 17-md-2804, and parallel state and federal actions across the country
- Ongoing representation of Big 4 accounting firm in various litigation and discovery matters, including professional malpractice allegations
- Secured defense verdict following month-long jury trial concerning claims of equity entitlement in excess of $30 million made by investor pursuant to attempted exercise of convertible promissory note
- Proposed and implemented a state-wide initiative and litigation plan to curtail frivolous garnishments against a national bank, and defended numerous suits bringing allegations of improper garnishment procedures in furtherance of same
- Multiple representations of limited and general partners in disputes arising from partnership rights and obligations in a variety of contexts
- Assisted multiple clients at begin or advance privacy and cybersecurity programs at various stages of maturity, including assisting with drafting and revising Written Information Security Policies and Written Incident Response Plans
- Provided representation and legal guidance to mitigate risks of privacy and cybersecurity aspects of transactions, including suggestions to public-facing and internal privacy notices and website terms and conditions
- Obtained dismissal of component manufacturer against catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims following explosion at oil rig
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- DFW Chapter Board Member, Texas General Counsel Forum
- Member, American, Dallas, and Houston Bar and Young Lawyer Associations
- Member, Austin College Alumni Board
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees, PATH Intl (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship)
- Chair, Grievance Review Panel
- Former Member, Governance Committee
- Former Member, Finance Committee
- Member, Bylaws Subcommittee