Janet Militello focuses on domestic and international commercial matters related to all aspects of business and banking. She has extensive trial, injunction, and arbitration experience involving breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, antitrust, lender liability, trade secret and unfair competition, and partnership and construction disputes. Janet also prosecutes and defends fiduciary liability cases, will contests, and other estate and trust litigation matters.
- Representation of one of the world's largest financial institutions against a claim of fraud (over $150 million sought). After a three and one-half week jury trial, the jury returned a defense verdict, finding no fraud on the part of the institution. This matter is this bank's largest jury verdict ever.
- Representation of a large home design retail company in connection with its defense related to a failed services agreement. No suit was filed, nor money paid.
- Representation of a prominent eye clinic in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary liability case with a former shareholder. A unanimous jury verdict was returned.
- Representation of a group of community banks in class action litigation based upon alleged fraud and statutory violations related to investment vehicles. Summary judgment was granted and no class was certified.
- Representation of energy companies in connection with various matters related to alleged breaches of contract, implied covenants, negligence, and fraud.
- Representation of a large mortgage company in class action litigation based upon allegedly improper lending practices.
- Representation of one of England's largest charter airline companies in a breach of contract and fraud case.
- Representation of a national freight forwarding company in connection with various trade secret and covenant not to compete lawsuits.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association Litigation Section - Probate, Trust and Estate Section
- Member, American Bar Association Litigation Section
- Member, Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, Houston Area Women's Center Finance Committee