Printer Friendly Version
Matthew McDougal is a staff counsel in the Dallas office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice on consumer finance. Matthew has represented mortgage servicers and commercial institutions in complex mortgage securitization, secured transactions, commercial loan and consumer litigation, including claims arising under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Housing Act, and a host of other state and federal laws. Matthew also has experience in a myriad of Chapter 11 bankruptcy matters, court appointed receiverships, and corporate derivative litigation. He is also a Certified Mediator.
Banking and Consumer Finance Litigation
Representation of national mortgage and mortgage servicing firms in state and federal court litigation brought by consumer plaintiffs, involving allegations of violations of the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and an array of state and federal statutes, prevailing several times by way of dispositive or procedural motion practice.
- Associate, Kevin Buchanan & Associates, P.L.L.C., Dallas
- Legislative Associate, Texas State Representative Eric Johnson (District 100) 83rd Legislative Session, House of Representatives
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2015-16 Leadership Class Member)
- Member, Dallas Bar Association (2017-2018 Social Committee Co-Chair)
- Member, J.L. Turner Legal Association
- Associate, The Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court (2016-2017)
- Contributing Friend, Dallas Black Dance Theater
- Member, Dallas Museum of Art
- Member, Texas Exes
- Volunteer, Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.