Printer Friendly Version
Matthew McDougal is counsel in the Dallas office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice on consumer finance. Matthew has represented mortgage servicers and commercial lending institutions in complex mortgage securitization, secured transactions, commercial loan and consumer litigation, including claims arising under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Housing Act, and a host of other state and federal laws. Matthew also has experience in a myriad of Chapter 11 and 13 bankruptcy matters, court appointed receiverships, and corporate derivative litigation. He is also a Certified Mediator.
Banking and Consumer Finance Litigation
- Representation of national mortgage and mortgage servicing firms in state, federal, and bankruptcy court litigation, and various forms of ADR, in suits brought by consumer plaintiffs, involving allegations of violations of the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and an array of state and federal statutes, prevailing several times by way of dispositive or procedural motion practice.
- Associate, Kevin Buchanan & Associates, P.L.L.C., Dallas
- Legislative Associate, Former State Representative and City of Dallas Mayor, Eric Johnson - 83rd Legislative Session, Texas House of Representatives
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2015-16 Leadership Class Member)
- Member, National Bar Association
- Member, J.L. Turner Legal Association, (Director, 2020-2021)
- Member, State Bar of Texas Pro Bono College
- Member, Texas Bar College
- Associate, The Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court (2016-2017)
- Contributing Friend, Dallas Black Dance Theater
- Member, Dallas Museum of Art
- Member, Texas Exes
- Volunteer, Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.