Brenda McDonough serves as bond counsel to numerous municipalities in New England in connection with the issuance of general obligation tax-exempt bonds for the financing of infrastructure and other capital projects for governmental purposes. She has assisted cities, towns and districts in all phases of the borrowing process, including the drafting of proceedings, advising on permissible financing structures and federal tax matters, and the preparation of disclosure materials and closing documents. She serves as bond counsel to the State of New Hampshire in connection with its financings for governmental and turnpike system purposes, including the preparation of the state's disclosure materials.
- Serves as bond counsel to hundreds of cities, towns, school districts and other special purpose districts throughout New England in connection with the issuance of general obligation bonds and notes for municipal purposes, qualified energy conservation bonds and other tax-benefited bonds, tax-exempt lease obligations and tax and revenue anticipation notes.
- Serves as bond counsel to the State of New Hampshire in connection with the issuance of general obligation bonds, commercial paper bond anticipation notes, turnpike system revenue bonds, tax-exempt lease obligations and revenue anticipation notes.
- Serves as bond counsel to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with its Tax-Exempt Lease Program.
- Served as disclosure counsel to the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority with respect to the Authority’s revenue bonds for sewer and water purposes.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Board Member, Boston Women in Public Finance