Regina McClendon is Managing Partner of the Firm's San Francisco office where she concentrates her practice in class actions, business and commercial litigation, and financial institution litigation. She represents sales companies, mortgage banking companies and servicers, auto finance companies, insurance companies, banks, and other financial institutions in litigation and regulatory matters involving claims for unfair or deceptive business practices, violation of consumer protection statutes, breach of contract and fraud, and violation of TILA, RESPA, FCRA, FDCPA, and TCPA.
In addition to defending dozens of consumer class actions in state and federal courts around the country, Regina has also represented banks, finance companies, mortgage lenders, and mortgage servicers in disputes, litigation, and regulatory matters relating to servicing, foreclosure, conduct by brokers and loan originators, and the sale and repurchase of loan portfolios.
She is a member of the Editorial Board of Advisors for the Consumer Financial Services Law Report, which provides current legal news and developments to attorneys in the financial services industry.
- Representing businesses such as sales companies and financial institutions in putative nationwide class actions claiming violations of the TCPA resulting from calls to cell phones
- Representing national bank, mortgage servicer, and auto finance company in class actions alleging improper application of borrower payments and assessment of late fees
- Representing multiple auto finance companies and banks in class actions asserting deficiencies in statutory notices sent to customers following vehicle repossessions
- Representing mortgage servicers in putative nationwide class actions asserting improprieties in loan servicing and assessment of servicing-related fees
- Representing mortgage lenders/servicers and others in a series of putative nationwide class actions alleging violations of TILA and state unfair competition laws, fraud, and breach of contract in connection with the conception, marketing, sale and servicing of "Payment Option ARM" mortgages
- Representing mortgage servicer in putative class action challenging fees assessed during bankruptcy proceedings
- Representing mortgage servicer in putative class action alleging improprieties in evaluation of borrowers for loan modifications
- Representing auto service contract provider in class action involving sale and pricing of vehicle service contracts
- Representing mortgage servicer in putative class action challenging practices regarding escrow accounts
- Representing auto finance company in class action challenging assessment and disclosure of fees at contract origination
- Representing mortgage servicer in response to state attorney general's investigation regarding lender placed insurance
- Representing mortgage servicer in regulatory proceedings before the California Department of Business Oversight
- Representing mortgage servicer in response to state attorney general's investigation regarding loss mitigation and foreclosure practices
- Auditing foreclosure companies for legal compliance and implementation of "best practices"