Tom Loose is a partner practicing in the appellate and commercial litigation areas. He has substantial experience in appeals to the Texas Supreme Court, the federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and various intermediate courts of appeal in Texas.
- Represented an oil and gas trust company in a precedent-setting case regarding the proper calculation of postjudgment interest. The Texas Supreme Court rendered judgment for the client.
- Represented an oil and gas trust company in reversing a significant breach of contract judgment establishing precedent regarding the proper application of the statute of frauds.
- Represented a mortgage servicing company regarding the proper interpretation of a standard, Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac form security instrument concerning the recovery of attorneys’ fees following borrower’s default. Judgment was entered in favor of the client mortgage servicer.
- Represented clients in intermediate courts of appeals successfully challenging the exercise of personal jurisdiction over out-of-state client and sustaining jurisdiction over out-of-state defendant.
- Long v. Griffin, 442 S.W.3d 380 (Tex. 2014)
- Long v. Castle Tex. Prod. Ltd. P’ship, 426 S.W.3d 73 (Tex. 2014)
- In re SCI Tex. Funeral Serv., 236 S.W.3d 759 (Tex. 2007)
- Long Trusts v. Griffin, 222 S.W.3d 412 (Tex. 2006)
- Johnson v. Ocwen Loan Servicing, L.L.C., 916 F.3d 505 (5th Cir. 2019)
- Crear v. Select Portfolio Servicing Inc., 760 F. App’x 291 (5th Cir. Jan. 22, 2019)
- Rodriguez v. Deutsche Bank Nat’l Trust Co. as Trustee, 742 F. App’x 32 (5th Cir. Nov. 13, 2018)
- Deutsche Bank Nat’l Trust Co. v. Kingman Holdings, LLC, No. 05-14-00855-CV, ___ WL ___ (Tex. App.—Dallas Oct. 5, 2015, no pet. h.)
- Griffin v. Long, 442 S.W.3d 380 (Tex. App.—Tyler 2011), rev’d, Long v. Griffin, 442 S.W.3d 380 (Tex. 2014)
- Rogers v. Texwest, 261 S.W.3d 818 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2008, no pet.)
- McClure v. Denham, 162 S.W.3d 346 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2005, no pet.)
- In re A.T.T., 162 S.W.3d 856 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 2005, no pet.)
- G.R.A.V.I.T.Y. Enters., Inc. v. Reece Supply Co., 177 S.W.3d 537 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2005, no pet.)
- Disney Enters, Inc. v. Esprit Fin., Inc., 981 S.W.2d 25 (Tex. App.—San Antonio 1998, pet. dism’d w.o.j.)
- Velazquez v. Countrywide Home Loans Servicing, L.P. (In re Velazquez), 660 F.3d 893 (5th Cir. 2011).
- Tifford v. Tandem Energy Corp., 562 F.3d 699 (5th Cir. 2009)
- Will-Drill Resources, Inc. v. Samson Resources Co., 352 F.3d 211 (5th Cir. 2003)
- Honeywell Int’l, Inc. v. Phillips Petroleum Co., 415 F.3d 429 (5th Cir. 2005)
- Petula Assocs., Ltd. v. Dolco Packaging Corp., 240 F.3d 499 (5th Cir. 2001)
- Fina, Inc. v. ARCO, 200 F.3d 266 (5th Cir. 2000)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, Appellate (2019-2020)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Appellate Practice & Advocacy, Litigation Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association