Brandon Lobb focuses his practice on energy, technology transactions and corporate political compliance.
Brandon regularly represents companies in many types of energy transactions, including:
- Power purchase agreements from renewable and fossil generation sources
- Swaps and forward contracts with respect to energy commodities and derivatives
- ISDA Master Agreements
- NAESB, EEI and other master trading agreements for power, natural gas and other energy commodities
- Structured energy transactions whereby parties use assets to satisfy posting requirements under master trading agreements
- Reserve-based lending facilities
- Wholesale supply agreements secured by special purpose entities and accounts receivables
He regularly represents companies in the purchase or sale of energy to retail consumers in deregulated energy markets in the United States. His unique experience in both hydrocarbon and renewable energy development and operations has enabled him to assist clients with their energy transition initiatives.
Brandon has represented energy clients in:
- Multiple wind, solar and other renewable power purchase agreements on behalf of buyers and sellers
- EPC contracts for the construction of renewable and fossil generation facilities
- The development of a wholesale portfolio of master trading agreements for municipal utilities
- Retail Energy Providers in all aspects of wholesale procurement, retail sales, regulatory issues and various business operations
- All phases in the repowering of a combined-cycle and development of co-generation power plant
- The purchase and sale of district energy facilities
- Acquisition of multiple portfolios of wholesale and retail gas and power contracts
As part of his development efforts, he has participated in the negotiation of agreements related to construction and operational agreements related to such various energy facilities.
Because of his long-standing experience in project development of hydrocarbon fired power plants, chemical plants, natural gas processing plants, natural gas pipelines, wind and solar project development, carbon offset transactions, renewable energy certificates, and other non-traditional energy projects, Brandon is assisting companies in the consideration of how best to transition from non-renewable energy to renewable or carbon neutral energy consumption.
Brandon has assisted companies in the development of master software licensing agreements, contracts for telecommunications services, software development efforts and energy conservation applications. Brandon has represented a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier in all facets of its business, including Indefeasible Rights of Use, master services contracts, settlements with an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier, rights of way agreements and purchase of equipment. He also represented an online mortgage brokerage in expansion, regulatory, business issues and alliance agreements, and reseller agreements.
Brandon has developed the form of retail customer contracts in industries including electricity and natural gas, telecommunications and services directly marketed to consumers, computer integration services and the provision of industrial gases. In addition, he represents corporations in their compliance efforts with regard to corporate political action committees before the Federal Election Commission and the Texas Ethics Commission.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Manager, Business Development, Campus Pipeline
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America®, Derivatives Law (2008-2021)