Melissa Li Trenta is a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property and Trademark, Copyright and Advertising practice groups. Melissa’s practice covers all aspects of Intellectual property law, with a particular focus on trade mark, brand protection and commercial intellectual property. Melissa is experienced in managing trade mark proceedings before the European Union IP Office and the UK IP Office, as well as in negotiating and drafting IP related agreements.
Melissa has assisted clients globally renowned in the tech industry, in the field of music and entertainment, sport, fashion, as well as luxury brands in the automotive sector.
Prior to relocating to London, Melissa worked in the trade mark department of a leading Italian IP firm.
- Advising clients on strategic filings and brand development
- Conducting opposition, revocation and invalidity actions to protect and enforce trade mark portfolios
- Negotiating amicable settlement of disputes and drafting co-existence agreements
- Drafting cease and desist letters and undertakings
- Associate, Locke Lord (UK) LLP
- REL - Registered European Lawyer (Italian qualified Avvocato-2016)
- Trade mark paralegal, Bear+Wolf IP LLP (2016-2018)
- Trade mark paralegal, Drukker solicitors (2016)
- Trainee lawyer, Modiano & Partners Spa – Milan- Italy (2013-2015)
- Trainee lawyer, Società Italiana Brevetti, Milan, Italy (2013)