Eric Larson is a Partner in the Firm's Houston office concentrating his practice in tax law. He assists clients by providing tax and structure analysis for business transactions involving partnerships, limited liability companies, corporation and tax-exempt entities, including formations, mergers, conversions, taxable asset and stock acquisitions, and liquidations, from both a federal and a state tax perspective. Eric has extensive experience in drafting limited liability company agreements and partnership agreements containing complex tax allocation provisions, buy/sell rights and detailed management provisions.
- Representation of investor for equity investment of $500 million in exploration and production partnership
- Representation of various joint venture arrangements between exploration and midstream companies
- Representation of public pension fund in negotiation of various investments in private equity funds
- Representation of developer in the structuring of joint venture for acquisition, construction, development and leasing of senior living communities across Texas and the Southwest.
- Representation of private equity firm for over $100 million investment in project finance project for midstream venture
- Representation of private equity firm for over $150 million investment in chemical processing venture
- Representation of investors in numerous other equity investments in various energy companies ranging from $50 million to $1 billion
- Representation of numerous portfolio companies and management groups in equity raising transactions ranging from $3 million to $650 million
- Representation of numerous portfolios companies in asset and equity sales ranging from $10 million to $500 million
- Representation of private equity firms for restructuring of existing portfolio companies, including corporate and tax analysis of transactions
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, State Bar of Texas