Ray LaDriere is General Counsel for Locke Lord LLP and also focuses on resolving complex disputes through mediation, arbitration, and trials. He handles commercial disputes, fiduciary duty, trust, and estate lawsuits, and advanced technology issues. Ray has represented Fortune 500 companies and other clients in a variety of disputes and has a strong record of obtaining prompt resolutions in complex litigation.
Ray has built a number of close, long-term client relationships that focus on achieving the clients' business objectives. Through experience gained in more than 25 years of trial practice, he works collaboratively with clients on strategies to meet their objectives.
The Best Lawyers in America named him Dallas ERISA Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" in their 2015 and 2017 editions and Dallas Litigation - Trusts and Estates "Lawyer of the Year in their 2016 edition.
- Represented prominent Art Museum in international and federal lawsuits, defending museum’s rights and ownership in premier collection.
- Represented numerous clients in trust and estate litigation.
- Represented large national companies in fiduciary litigation.
- Represented national trust company in litigation concerning large family trusts.
- Represented large national bank in trial of trust and fiduciary case.
- Acted as Lead Regional Counsel for national insurance company, national retailer, and national rental car company.
- Represented business clients in trial of various arbitrations.
- Represented national department store retailer in lawsuits involving nationwide commercial contracts.
- Represented clients in appeals in Texas and the United States Courts of Appeal.
- Represented national life insurance companies in real estate acquisition disputes.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Chair, Firm's Risk Management Committee
- General Counsel of Firm
- Schroeder v. Wildenthal, 515 Fed. Appx. 294, 2013 WL 703646 (5th Cir. Feb. 26, 2013)
- In re Estate of Baccus, 2012 WL 1142673 (Tex. App.—Dallas April 4, 2012, no pet.)
- Schroeder v. Wildenthal, 2011 WL 6029727 (N.D. Tex. Nov. 30, 2011)
- Needleman v. John Hancock Life Ins. Co., 2006 WL 842370 (N.D. Tex. Mar. 31, 2006)
- OP Art, Inc. v. B.I.G. Wholesalers, Inc., 2006 WL 740931 (N.D. Tex. Mar. 15, 2006)
- Mid South Constructors, L.C. v. Malone Mortg. Co. America Ltd., 2004 WL 1615829 (Tex. App.—Dallas July 20, 2004, no pet.)
- Amend v. Aetna Life Ins. Co., 2003 WL 23096002 (N.D. Tex. Dec. 22, 2003)
- Pegasystems, Inc. v. Carreker Corp., 2001 WL 1192208 (Del. Ch. Oct. 3, 2001)
- Petula Associates, Ltd., v. Dolco Packaging Corp., 240 F.3d 499 (5th Cir. 2001)
- Shubert v. J.C. Penney Co., Inc., 956 S.W.2d 634 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 1997, pet. denied)
- Employers Cas. Co. v. Texas Ass'n of School Board Workers' Compensation Self-Ins. Fund, 886 S.W.2d 470 (Tex. App.—Austin 1994, writ dism'd w.o.j.)
- Kansa Reinsurance Co., Ltd. v. Congressional Mortg.Corp. of Texas, 20 F.3d 1362 (5th Cir. 1994)
- In re MCorp Financial, Inc., 160 B.R. 941 (S.D. Tex. Oct. 1, 1993)
- Home Guar. Ins. Corp. v. Congressional Mortg. Corp. of Tex., 1992 WL 674843 (N.D. Tex. June 4, 1992)
- Home Guar. Inc. Corp. v. Congressional Mortg. Corp. of Texas, 1991 WL 628702 (N.D. Tex. Mar. 14, 1991)
- Brandtjen & Kluge, Inc. v. Prudhomme, 765 F. Supp. 1551 (N.D. Tex. June 10, 1991)
- Brandtjen & Kluge, Inc. v. Prudhomme, 1989 WL 121197, 1989-2 Trade Cases P 68,820 (N.D. Tex. Oct. 10, 1989)
- Mercantile Nat. Bank at Dallas v. Bradford Trust Co., 850 F.2d 215, (5th Cir. July 25, 1988)
- State v. Coca Cola Bottling Co. of Southwest, 697 S.W.2d 677, 1985-2 Trade Cases P 66,765 (Tex. App.—San Antonio 1985, writ dism'd)
- Advanced Business Communications, Inc. v. Myers, 695 S.W.2d 601 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1985, no writ)
- Harris Data Communications, Inc. v. Dellana, 680 S.W.2d 641 (Tex. App.—Austin 1984, no writ)
- Loomis v. Republic Nat. Bank of Dallas, 653 S.W.2d 75 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1983, writ ref'd n.r.e.)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation Section
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Named Dallas Litigation - Trusts and Estates "Lawyer of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America (2016)
- Named Dallas ERISA Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America (2015 and 2017)
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Litigation/ERISA, Litigation/Trusts & Estates (2013-2020)
- Active Member, St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Board of Trustees, Wabash College
- Past President, Royal Oaks Country Club Board of Governors (2013)