Sarah Lacy is an associate in the Austin office of Locke Lord LLP where she practices administrative and regulatory law. Sarah’s practice focuses on the development of major infrastructure projects by public and private entities and on transportation mobility. In this practice, she advises clients on issues related to planning, construction, financing, operation, government contracting, procurement, and regulation. Sarah’s practice has also included work on administrative law matters with public pensions, metropolitan planning organizations, local governments, and state agencies.
In addition, Sarah is a registered lobbyist representing Firm clients before the Texas Legislature and assisting with legislative strategy in Locke Lord’s Public Law section. Prior to joining the Firm’s Austin office, Sarah worked for four years in government relations in Washington, D.C. with Public Strategies, Inc. and General Motors.
As a student at the University of Texas School of Law, Sarah served as an Associate Editor of the Texas Law Review in addition to interning with the United States Court of Federal Claims and clerking for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. Sarah worked in the Texas Legislature for two sessions, including for a state senator in 2015 and for the House Committee on Culture, Recreation and Tourism in 2009.
- Provided in depth analysis and advice on the implementation of S.B. 2205, enacted in 2017 to authorize the operation of automated, or driverless, motor vehicles on Texas roadways.
- Drafted pursuasive briefs concerning administrative law topics in response to Attorney General Opinion requests submitted by public officials to the Texas Office of the Attorney General.
- Drafted briefs to the Texas Attorney General’s Open Records Division concerning record requests submitted pursuant to the Public Information Act.
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Senior Analyst, Government Relations and Public Policy, General Motors, Washington, D.C. (2011-2013)
- Account Executive, Public Strategies, Inc. (now Hill+Knowlton Strategies), Washington, D.C. (2009-2011)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Robert W. Calvert American Inn of Court
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Real Estate Council of Austin
- Member, Texas Exes