Kurt Lance Krolikowski practices in the area of business litigation and is a member of the Firm’s Energy Litigation Section, Construction Litigation Section, and Financial Services Litigation Section. Kurt’s experience includes representing clients in a broad range of commercial disputes, including transportation, construction and energy-related disputes.
- Represented a subcontractor in an arbitration before the American Arbitration Association and obtained an award in the subcontractor’s favor.
- Defended a trading company in an arbitration before the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Represented a Fortune 100 oil and gas production company in defense of lawsuit alleging breach of minerals option contract, fraud, civil conspiracy and in excess of $200 million in damages.
- Obtained a directed verdict while defending a prominent retailer in a three-day trial regarding disputes over a transportation contract.
- Represented various banks, mortgage servicers, and mortgage investors in a wide-range of lawsuits that included claims of breach of contract, fraud, negligence, and allegations of various statutory violations.
- Represented a real estate developer in a case involving alleged construction defects and obtained dismissal of claims of breach of implied and express warranties, fraud, and negligence.
- Represented an oil and gas well cementing company against claims of negligence, breach of implied warranty and other claims.
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Senior Consultant, Ryan & Company, Inc., Los Angeles (2005-2007)
- Lewis v. Deutsche Bank Nat'l Trust Co., 3:16-CV-133, 2017 WL 1354098, at *6 (S.D. Tex. Apr. 13, 2017)
- Justice v. Wells Fargo Bank Nat'l Ass'n, 674 Fed. Appx. 330, 331 (5th Cir. 2016), as revised (Mar. 22, 2017)
- Khan v. Wells Fargo Bank, NA, CV 4:15-3210, 2017 WL 568337, at *5 (S.D. Tex. Feb. 13, 2017)
- May v. New Century Mortgage Corp., CV H-16-1272, 2016 WL 8792317, at *1 (S.D. Tex. Sept. 16, 2016)
- Wheeler v. U.S. Bank Nat'l Ass'n, CV H-14-0874, 2016 WL 554846, at *1 (S.D. Tex. Feb. 10, 2016)
- Bingham v. Nationstar Mortgage LLC, 4:14-CV-2413, 2015 WL 12532480, at *5 (S.D. Tex. Oct. 9, 2015)
- Justice v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. ex rel. Registered Holders of Bear Stearns Asset Backed Sec., I, LLC, Asset-Backed Certificates, Series 2007-AC2, CIV.A. H-14-3341, 2015 WL 5916751, at *2 (S.D. Tex. Oct. 8, 2015), aff'd sub nom. Justice v. Wells Fargo Bank Nat'l Ass'n, 674 Fed. Appx. 330 (5th Cir. 2016), as revised (Mar. 22, 2017)
- Morlock, L.L.C. v. Bank of New York Mellon, CV H-14-2927, 2015 WL 12582797, at *4 (S.D. Tex. Sept. 22, 2015)
- Jolem, LLC v. Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc., CIV.A. H-14-3301, 2015 WL 3823642, at *1 (S.D. Tex. June 18, 2015), appeal dismissed (Jan. 12, 2016)
- Biedryck v. U.S. Bank Nat'l Ass'n, 01-14-00017-CV, 2015 WL 2228447, at *7 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] May 12, 2015, no pet.)
- Barro v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., CV H-14-1883, 2014 WL 12600825, at *1 (S.D. Tex. Aug. 20, 2014)
- Morlock, L.L.C. v. Nationstar Mortg., L.L.C., 14-12-01117-CV, 2014 WL 3866478 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] Aug. 7, 2014, no. pet. h.)
- Ortiz v. Citimortgage, Inc., CIV.A. H-12-3580, 2014 WL 1416271 (S.D. Tex. Apr. 14, 2014)
- Montano-Valdez v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., CIV.A. H-13-3078, 2014 WL 69886 (S.D. Tex. Jan. 8, 2014)
- Aguirre v. Nationstar Mortg. LLC, CIV.A. H-13-3199, 2014 WL 125957 (S.D. Tex. Jan. 13, 2014)
- Underwood v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., CIV.A. H:12-3437, 2013 WL 3788094 (S.D. Tex. July 18, 2013)
- Reagan v. U.S. Bank, Nat. Ass'n, CIV.A. H-13-43, 2013 WL 3323185 (S.D. Tex. July 1, 2013)
- Steidl v. BSI Fin. Services ex rel. Newbury Place REO, III, LLC, CIV.A. H-12-3324, 2013 WL 2302989 (S.D. Tex. May 24, 2013, appeal dismissed (Aug. 12, 2013))
- Rivers v. Wells Fargo Home Mortg., CIV.A. H-12-2616, 2013 WL 1389977 (S.D. Tex. Apr. 4, 2013)
- Steidl v. BSI Fin. Services, CIV.A. H-12-3324, 2013 WL 1290132 (S.D. Tex. Mar. 26, 2013)
- White v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 4:12-CV-1443, 2013 WL 618815 (S.D. Tex. Feb. 19, 2013)
- Reagan v. U.S. Bank, Nat. Ass'n, CIV.A. H-13-00043, 2013 WL 510154 (S.D. Tex. Feb. 12, 2013)
- Denley v. Vericrest Fin., Inc., CIV.A. H-12-992, 2012 WL 2368325 (S.D. Tex. June 21, 2012)
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation