David Kendall has devoted his practice to corporate law, particularly mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, structured financings and general and high-technology joint ventures. His clients include both public and private companies. He has represented buyers, sellers, lenders, investors and other interested parties in connection with a number of complex sales, financings and joint ventures. David has extensive experience with all aspects of mergers and acquisitions with particular focus in the insurance, health care, distribution and manufacturing segments.
David is also responsible for the day-to-day counseling of many of our closely-held corporate clients on a variety of legal issues and has represented clients in the insurance, manufacturing, distribution, health care, systems engineering, biotechnology and aerospace industries.
David speaks and writes on topics related to his practice, most recently on "Limited Liability Companies," "Problems and Pitfalls in Acquisitions," and "Buying and Selling a Business."
David’s experience includes the representation of:
- A national banking association in the divesture of several insurance companies
- A not-for-profit hospital in a whole hospital joint venture
- A manufacturing company in its sale to private equity buyers
- A public health insurance company in the sale of state health care receivables
- A not-for-profit hospital in an asset sale to a public for-profit hospital company
- A payroll services company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to private equity buyers
- A national health care company in its strategic acquisitions
- A large private charitable foundation
- An international terminal operator in strategic joint ventures
- An international reinsurance company in the structuring and startup of a joint venture business
- A developer and marketer of proprietary seed genetics in the sale of a portion of its business to an international chemical and agri-business company
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, American Bar Association, Section on Business Law
- Member, Chicago Bar Association