Stewart Keir is a financial and regulatory specialist in insurance and reinsurance matters. For over 32 years, Stewart was an insurance regulator, and subsequently, in the private sector for over twenty years, he has advised and assisted clients and attorneys on regulatory issues, transactions and related matters. Stewart most recently held the position of vice president of Tawa Associates, Ltd. In addition, he has formerly served as a director of financial advisory services for PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP, as a consultant with Chadbourne & Parke LLP's insurance and reinsurance department and as Assistant Deputy Superintendent and Chief Examiner for the New York State Insurance Department. Stewart served on numerous NAIC committees and task forces. He currently follows many issues at the NAIC and NCOIL. He is a chartered property and casualty underwriter (CPCU).
- Financial and Regulatory Specialist, Locke Lord LLP
- Vice President, Tawa Associates, Ltd.
- Director, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, LLP
- Consultant, Chadbourne & Parke, LLP
- Assistant Deputy Superintendent & Chief, Examiner, New York State Insurance Department
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Former Member, Society of Financial Examiners (1980)
- Member, Financial Examiners Education Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Member, Society of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (1984)