Jeff Jefferson counsels private equity and venture capital funds along with public and private companies in investments and mergers and acquisitions, especially in the fields of technology, media and telecommunications. Jeff works hard to understand his clients' businesses, their objectives and the markets in which they compete. Jeff has handled numerous transactions involving non-U.S. entities and individuals and is a key contact partner for Locke Lord with The World Law Group.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jeff clerked for Judge Richard L. Nygaard of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Before attending law school Jeff spent five years building, fixing, selling and racing bicycles and managing both a very small and a very large bicycle shop. Jeff was a member of the William & Mary Law Review, an Articles Editor of the William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal and a teaching assistant for the legal writing and skills course.
- Acted as counsel to an investor group of family offices and funds in multiple investment rounds in Ember Technologies, Inc.
- Represented an HPS Partners fund in its equity investment in Revolt Media
- Represented Mandarinfish Holding Corp., an acquisition entity backed by multiple family office sponsors, in the acquisition of Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) from Providence Equity Partners
- Acted as counsel to Murosa Development S.a.r.L. and Columbia Ventures Corporation in the sale of all of the shares of Hibernia NGS Limited to GTT Communications, Inc. for gross proceeds in excess of $600 million, consisting of approximately $535 million in cash plus 3.3 million shares of common stock in GTT
- Represented THE SWITCH, North America's leading video solutions service provider, in its acquisition of Pacific Television Center, Inc. (PacTV) for an undisclosed value and a concurrent equity investment by True Wind Capital
- Advised investor group, including Fenway Sports Group, in the acquisition of the Boston Red Sox Triple-A affiliate baseball team
- Acted for ABRY Partners in the $2 billion three-way merger involving Sidera Networks, Berkshire Partners and Lightower Fiber Networks and in a follow-on equity financing in connection with Lightower's acquisition of Fibertech Networks
- Represented private companies and their owners in sales to Accenture, Google, GTT Communications, Hewlett-Packard, Hibernia Networks,Harbinger Group, NextWave, and Summit Partners among others
- Reorganizations and product spinoffs for two life sciences companies focused on drug discovery. The transactions were designed to facilitate the eventual sale of multiple drug products.
- Advised private equity investors in a series of related transactions culminating in the investors selling control of US broadband spectrum rights to a hedge fund and public company for $350 million
- Acquisition by a NYSE-listed telecommunications company of wireless system assets in six states for $235 million
- Represented clients in the life sciences, healthcare, media and semiconductor and software industries on venture capital raises and venture loans involving equity components
- Counseled multiple private equity and hedge funds with respect to both fund formation and restructuring activities