Jeff Jefferson counsels private equity and venture capital funds along with private companies and family offices in investments and mergers and acquisitions, with a focus in international transactions. Jeff works hard to understand his clients' businesses, their objectives and the markets in which they compete. Jeff has handled numerous transactions involving non-U.S. entities and individuals and is a key contact partner for Locke Lord with The World Law Group.
Jeff’s experience includes the representation of:
- HPS Partners in its equity investment in Revolt Media
- An investor group of family offices and funds in multiple investment rounds in Ember Technologies, Inc.
- Mandarinfish Holding Corp., an acquisition vehicle backed by multiple family office sponsors, in the acquisition of Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) from Providence Equity Partners
- Murosa Development S.a.r.L. and Columbia Ventures Corporation in the sale of all of the shares of Hibernia NGS Limited to GTT Communications, Inc., for gross proceeds in excess of $600 million, consisting of approximately $535 million in cash plus 3.3 million shares of common stock in GTT
- THE SWITCH, North America's leading video solutions service provider, in its acquisition of Pacific Television Center, Inc. (PacTV), for an undisclosed value and a concurrent equity investment by True Wind Capital
- Watson Holdings, LLC, in the sale of Watson Inc., a supplier of custom nutrient premixes and ingredients for the food industry, to Glanbia, Inc., a global food and ingredient supplier
- Private companies and their owners in sales to Accenture, Google, GTT Communications, Hewlett-Packard, Hibernia Networks, Harbinger Group, NextWave and Summit Partners, among others
- Investor group, including Fenway Sports Group, in the acquisition of the Boston Red Sox Triple-A affiliate baseball team
- ABRY Partners in the $2 billion three-way merger involving Sidera Networks, Berkshire Partners and Lightower Fiber Networks and in a follow-on equity financing in connection with Lightower's acquisition of Fibertech Networks
- Two life sciences companies focused on drug discovery in reorganizations and product spinoffs
- Private equity investors in a series of related transactions culminating in the investors selling control of U.S. broadband spectrum rights to a hedge fund and public company for $350 million
- A NYSE-listed telecommunications company in its acquisition of wireless system assets in six states for $235 million
- Clerk, Judge Richard L. Nygaard, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Before attending law school, Jeff spent five years building, fixing, selling and racing bicycles and managing both a very small and a very large bicycle shop