Printer Friendly Version
Max Hui is an Associate in the Hong Kong office of Locke Lord where his practice is focused on corporate and commercial matters, including corporate finance, initial public offerings, secondary fund raising transactions, compliance and regulatory issues, and mergers and acquisitions.
Max has assisted on the following transactions:
- Advised Stream Ideas Group Limited, the issuer, on its HK$52.5 million listing on the GEM Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong by way of placing and public offer. Stream Ideas Group Limited is a digital media company headquartered in Hong Kong which provides online focus group to brand owners and advertising agencies to deliver marketing information through its platforms with members across Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Represented Pride Success Enterprises Limited, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Elegance Optical International Holdings Limited (Stock Code: 907), in its acquisition of the majority issued shares in Filmko Culture Limited and certain related indebtedness at an aggregate consideration of HK$330,000,000. The principal business of the target group is films distribution in China.
Advised Edvance International Holdings Limited, the issuer, on its HK$80 million listing on the GEM Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong by way of placing and public offer. Edvance International Holdings Limited is an IT security solutions distributor in Hong Kong.
- Advised BCI Group Holdings Limited, the issuer, on its HK$68 million listing on the GEM Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong by way of placing and public offer. BCI Group Holdings Limited is a food and beverage and entertainment group based in Hong Kong.
- Represented the vendor to dispose of the Crabtree & Evelyn Group to purchasers including a Hong Kong listed company for the consideration of US$165 million.
- Advised Innovax Capital Limited, the sponsor in the HK$65 million placing and listing on the GEM Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong of shares by Thelloy Development Group Limited, a main contractor in Hong Kong providing building construction services.
- Advised Allied Time Investments Limited, a direct wholly-owned subsidiary of Hong Kong-listed Realord Group Holdings Limited on its acquisition of the entire equity interest in Manureen Securities Limited for the consideration of HK$21 million.
- Represented Rainbow Key Holdings Limited (the controlling shareholder of Magnum Entertainment Group Holdings Limited) and its ultimate shareholder Mr. Yip Mou Lum, on the HK$404 million sale of all its shares in Magnum Entertainment Group Holdings Limited to Huiri Limited. This transaction triggered a mandatory cash offer under the Hong Kong Takeovers Code.
- Represented Hong Kong-listed Realord Group Holdings Limited in connection with its HK$158.8 million rights issue.
- Represented Telecom Digital Holdings Limited in its HK$100 million listing on the GEM Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong by way of placing. Telecom Digital (together with its subsidiaries and associate) is a group of companies engaged in the retail sales of mobile phones of various brands and pre-paid SIM cards; distribution of mobile phones; provision of paging and other telecommunications services; and provision of operation services to New World Mobility Limited, a mobile service operator in Hong Kong and 40 percent-owned associate of the Telecom Digital group.
- Represented Peace Map Holding Limited (formerly Mongolia Investment Group Limited) in its HK$354 million disposal of the entire issued share capital of Rich Path Holdings Limited and its shareholder’s loan. This included advice to the vendor on Hong Kong law in relation to the sale and purchase agreement and Hong Kong Listing Rules implications. Rich Path Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, is principally engaged in the provision of maintenance and construction work on civil engineering contracts involving waterworks engineering and slope upgrading for the public sector in Hong Kong, the provision of water supply services in the PRC and the provision of renovation services in Macau.
- Advised Hong Kong-listed Mongolia Investment Group Limited in its US$200 million acquisition of the relevant interests involving a group of PRC companies covering the geographical information systems industry chain in the PRC. The completion of the transaction marks the successful establishment of a variable interest entity (VIE) structure for an industry where foreign investment is prohibited by the foreign investment catalogue issued by the MOFCOM.
- Represented Hong Kong Jewellery Holding Limited, a leading jewellery brand and chain of retail gold and jewellery shops in Hong Kong, Macau and China, in connection with its HK$58.95 million placing of shares on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Represented China Vanke Co., Ltd. in its listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Represented the sponsor for the listing of China Huirong Financial Holdings Limited on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Represented China International Marine Containers (Group) Co., Ltd. in its listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Represented the sponsor for the listing of China Yongda Automobiles Services Holdings Limited on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Represented the sponsor for the listing of Haitong Securities Co., Ltd. on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Represented the sponsor for the listing of Coach Inc. on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Hong Kong (2015)
News, Events, Notable Matters, and More
Showing Results for
Please understand that your communications with Locke Lord LLP through this website do not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with Locke Lord LLP. Any information you send to Locke Lord LLP through this website is on a non-confidential and non-privileged basis. Therefore, do not send or include any information in your email that you consider to be confidential or privileged.