King W. Hui is Of Counsel in the Hong Kong office of Locke Lord where he has extensive experience in corporate/commercial, litigation and real estate.
- Represented Rainbow Key Holdings Limited (the controlling shareholder of Magnum Entertainment Group Holdings Limited) and its ultimate shareholder Mr. Yip Mou Lum, on the HK$404 million sale of all its shares in Magnum Entertainment Group Holdings Limited to Huiri Limited. This transaction triggered a mandatory cash offer under the Hong Kong Takeovers Code.
- Advised a bus company in connection with its operation of a new franchised public motor bus service in Hong Kong including the acquisition of the depots, buses, employees, etc. from the previous franchisee.
- Advised a client in connection with the issue of a convertible loan note in excess of HK$200 million to a Hong Kong listed company.
- Advised a Shanghai based company in the acquisition of a Hong Kong listed company involving a general offer to all its shareholders (including the acquisition of a number of property management companies in Singapore).
- Advised the Seamen Union in Hong Kong in connection with a shipwreck outside Canadian waters causing the lives of 40 Hong Kong seamen; representing families of the deceased making claims against the owner and dealing with the insurance company.
- Advised a construction company in Hong Kong in forming a joint venture with a Taiwan party to undertake decoration work in excess of HK$100 million in relation to one of the biggest property developments in Beijing, China.
- Advised a joint venture company between a U.S. oil company and a Singaporean party in its petrol stations operation in China.
- Advised a major U.S. chemical company in its proposed operation in China.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company in forming a joint venture with a securities trading company for the operation of retail stock business.
- Advised a client in connection with the grant of a concession by the Macau Government for operating casinos in Macau, China.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Singapore (1990)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Hong Kong (1982)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales (1981)