Andrew Hughes is a Partner in our Private Equity & Venture Capital Group. Andrew’s focus is corporate transactions. He advises lower middle market private equity firms, their portfolio companies, and large public companies in acquisitions, sales, and restructurings. Andrew also provides general counsel to growth stage companies.
A sampling of Andrew’s recent representations includes:
- PTC Inc. in its November 2019, acquisition of Onshape Inc., a Software as a Service product development platform, for approximately $470 million.
- PTC Inc. in its November 2018 acquisition of Frustum Inc., a software company using artificial intelligence to generate design options, for approximately $70 million.
- Silver Oak Services Partners, a lower middle market private equity firm focused exclusively on leading business, healthcare and consumer services companies, in the January 2019 recapitalization of Keystone Partners, a leading provider of comprehensive outplacement, career management, executive coaching, and leadership development services.
- ABCYA.com, LLC, a developer of online educational games for kids, in its October 2018 sale to IXL Learning, Inc.
- Silver Oak Services Partners in the July 2018 final closing of its acquisition of Caring People, a home healthcare provider.
- Silver Oak Services Partners in its April 2018 sale of The Tranzonic Companies, a supplier of disposable maintenance, cleaning, personal care, and safety products to the “away-from-home” marketplace, to PNC Riverarch Capital.
- J.H. Whitney, a lower middle market private equity firm, in its March 2018 acquisition of Southern Aluminum, a manufacturer of linenless aluminum tables.
- Silver Oak Services Partners in the March 2018 recapitalization of Brilliant Staffing, in partnership with management and co-investors, a provider of temporary and permanent Finance, Accounting and IT professionals.
- Silver Oak Services Partners in its January 2018 sale of Construction Labor Contractors, a leading provider of temporary staffing of skilled tradesmen for the commercial construction market, to Tradesmen International, a portfolio company of private equity funds managed by Blackstone Capital Partners.
- Construction Labor Contractors in 3 add-on acquisitions between 2014 and 2018.
- Several private equity portfolio companies during the last 3 years in approximately 15 add-on acquisitions in various industries, with acquisition values ranging from $1 million to $25 million.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. in its December 2016 acquisition of H.E. Parts International, LLC, a producer of replacement and improvement component parts for large construction and mining vehicles, for approximately $240 million.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. as US counsel in its October 2016 acquisition of Bradken Limited, a manufacturer and distributor of casting products for the mining industry, for approximately $690 million (AUS).