Andrew Hughes is a Partner in our Private Equity & Venture Capital Group. He advises private equity firms and strategic companies in acquisitions, sales, and restructurings and investors and growth companies in venture financings. He also provides general corporate counsel to private companies.
Prior to joining the Firm, Andrew practiced at the Washington, D.C. office of Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP, where he was engaged in energy law administrative proceedings regarding the economic design and operation of regional electric energy markets, and at Testa Hurwitz and Thibeault LLP, a Boston firm, where he represented venture capital funds in formation and investments.
- Advised Silver Oak Services Partners in its sale of Construction Labor Contractors, a leading provider of temporary staffing of skilled tradesmen for the commercial construction market, to Tradesmen International, a portfolio company of private equity funds managed by Blackstone Capital Partners
- Counseled Silver Oak Services Partners in its recapitalization, in partnership with Company management, of Legacy Farms, a leading fresh vegetable and fruit grower, shipper, and wholesaler to grocers and foodservice providers in the Western United States
- Advised The Tranzonic Companies (“Tranzonic”), a portfolio company of Silver Oak Services Partners, in its acquisition of Adenna, LLC, a leading supplier of hand protection and related healthcare products to customers operating across an array of end markets in the U.S. and internationally
- Represented Silver Oak Services Partners in its sale of Accent Food Services, an Austin, Texas-based distributor of fresh food, snacks and break room refreshment services, to Audax Private Equity, having counseled Accent in 16 add-on acquisitions under Silver Oak’s ownership
- Served as legal advisor to Superior Vision Corporation, a comprehensive eye care company, in its sale by funds affiliated with Nautic Partners, LLC to affiliated funds of Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
- Represented Silver Oak Services Partners in its sale of National Distribution & Contracting, Inc. (NDC), a leading healthcare supply chain company and distributor of consumable medical supplies, to private equity firm Court Square Capital Partners
- Counseled Nautic Partners in its recapitalization, in partnership with Company management, of ExactCare Pharmacy, a leading pharmacy focused on improving medication adherence for patients with chronic conditions and on multiple medications
- Providence-based Nautic Partners, a private equity firm, and its portfolio company Superior Vision in the leveraged acquisition by merger of Block Vision, a vision benefit plan provider
- New York-based Vendome Group, LLC, a leading healthcare and real estate media company, in its acquisition of the Institute for Health Technology Transformation, an organization for health IT education and research
- Providence-based ShapeUp, Inc., a global corporate wellness company, in Series A, A-1 and A-2 Preferred Stock financings led by Cue Ball Capital and Excel Ventures and in amending its senior credit facility
- TopCoder, Inc., a leading platform for crowdsourced development solutions, in its sale by merger to Appirio, Inc., a San Francisco-based global cloud consultancy
- Evanston, Ill.-based Silver Oak Services Partners, a private equity firm, in its leveraged acquisition of The Tranzonic Companies, a Cleveland-based distributor of disposable maintenance, cleaning and safety products to the “away-from-home” marketplace, from Linsalata Capital Partners and a number of bank shareholders
- The sole shareholder of Micronics, Inc., a New Hampshire- and Stoke-on-Trent, England-based manufacturer of filtration products and equipment used in mining, water treatment and food and beverage industries, in a sale of his stock to Vance Street Capital, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm
- Vendome Group, LLC, a portfolio company of private equity firm Providence Equity Partners, in its sale to Conversion Capital Partners
- Netsmart Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise software solutions for health and insurance service providers, in its acquisitions of both Defran Systems Inc. and Sequest Technologies, Inc.
- Northern States Metals, an aluminum extrusion and extruded products company, in the asset purchase of most solar assets of the Solar Tracker business of OPEL Technologies, Inc.
- Novartis Bioventures in a Series B Preferred Stock financing for Akebia Therapeutics, Inc., a Cincinnati-based biopharmaceutical company
- Nautic Partners in a leveraged acquisition by merger of Superior Vision, a vision benefit plan provider.
- Rhode Island-based ATW Companies, a world-class supplier of precision tubing and fabricated metal components, in several acquisitions
- Silver Oak Services Partners in its leveraged acquisition of Altura Communication Solutions, a leading provider of voice and data communications solutions and associated maintenance services, from Platinum Equity, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm
- Boston-based Newstar Financial in the purchase of preferred stock in Smith Energy Services, Inc., a Texas-based provider of pipeline construction and roustabout services
- Silver Oak Services Partners in its leveraged recapitalization of Nashville-based National Distribution & Contracting, Inc. (NDC), a master distributor of medical, dental and veterinary supplies, in partnership with management, certain existing NDC stockholders, and co-investors; and NDC in the acquisition of Motion1, an alliance of independent physical rehabilitation equipment and supply dealers
- Novartis Bioventures in the issuance of Series A1 Preferred Stock of Aerpio Therapeutics, Inc., a Cincinnati-based biopharmaceutical company
- Schooner Capital in its growth equity investment in Seventh Generation, Inc., the preeminent consumer brand in North America of authentic, safe and environmentally responsible products for the home
- Silver Oak Services Partners in its acquisition of Accent Food Services (Accent), an Austin-based provider of vending, coffee and break room refreshment services; and Accent in a number of add-on acquisitions
- A Korean manufacturer of ultracapacitors in its Series A financing from a London-based venture fund
- Boston-based, Alta Communications, a private equity firm, in connection with its acquisition of HMP Communications, which serves as a conduit of information in the healthcare community between researchers, practitioners and manufacturers and provides continuing medical education. HMP in connection several acquisitions and related new equity investments